Sports

Quotables of the Year

‘At times, I thought she was making saves with her toenails.’
-Field hockey coach Sally Starr on Maine goalkeeper Brittany Fleck (Oct. 20, 2008)

‘Oh! When I was younger, I wanted to be a cheetah. I used to run around the house pretending to be a cheetah.’
-M. basketball sophomore John Holland on what animal he would be (March 5, 2009)

‘Nothing good comes when they get eight, and you don’t get any.’
-W. hockey coach Brian Durocher on’ BU’s 8-0 first-round Beanpot loss to Harvard (Feb. 4, 2009)

‘I told the guys in the locker room before the game, ‘I’m going to walk off the field with that ring today.’ And we got it.’
-America East Tournament MVP Jin Oh after BU won the AE championship (Nov. 17, 2008)

‘He’s the straw that stirs the drink.’
-M. hockey coach Jack Parker on sophomore Colin Wilson (Feb. 6, 2009)

‘It’s personal. Every time you step out there, you know it’s, ‘I don’t like you, and you don’t like me.’ There’s no need for words. Something like this, I mean, you look forward to games like this.’
-W. basketball senior Jesyka Burks-Wiley on playing Hartford (Feb. 24, 2009)

‘David Proctor ran four very good miles. Unfortunately, it was a five-mile race.’
-Cross country coach Bruce Lehane on Proctor’s performance at the Darmouth Invitational (Sept. 16, 2008)

‘We’re looking to win every championship up for grabs ‘-‘- the Beanpot, Hockey East and NCAAs.’
-M. hockey sophomore Nick Bonino on the team’s expectations for the year (Oct. 30, 2008)