Terriers take on Crimson after lackluster practice

The Boston University men’s hockey team left Agganis Arena Saturday night encouraged by a strong showing in a 3-3 tie with the University of New Hampshire. Sophomore defenseman David Warsofsky even said he thought the tie could be a ‘jumpstart’ for the rest of the squad’s season.

When the team left The Greek after practice Monday, the mood had sobered significantly, to say the least.

With a 7 p.m. showdown at Harvard University on the slate for Tuesday night, BU ‘half-assed’ its way through practice, according to BU coach Jack Parker.

When the hour and a half session ended, Parker gathered the squad at center ice and voiced his displeasure with a 60-second rant that, among other things, reminded the squad that it was 3-7-1 11 games into its national title defense.

‘I thought we played OK on Saturday for sure. It was how we practiced today,’ Parker said after practice. ‘This team needs to either change its attitude or it might as well pack up, hand them the two points.’

With a highly anticipated game against No. 7/8 Cornell University at Madison Square Garden coming up on Saturday, Tuesday’s matchup with Harvard (1-4-2) is a potential trap game for the Terriers.

Is it safe to say BU’s looking past an unimposing Crimson squad?

‘Obviously, after this practice,’ Parker said. ‘All I know is the mentality today was awful.

‘I think it’ll be interesting to see who shows up [Tuesday]. Who doesn’t will not show up on Saturday at Madison Square Garden.’

Among those who will show up on Tuesday will be sophomore