Campus Crime Logs

By Sydney Shea

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from March 21 to March 28.

Caught in a bad romance

BUPD responded to a domestic situation on March 22 at 11 p.m. on 56 Bay State Road. A female and her boyfriend were having a loud argument, and neighbors were complaining about the noise, so BUPD warned the two to quiet down.

Sky high times

On March 21 at 2 a.m. staff in Student Village I contacted BUPD to report that a male student had in his possession marijuana paraphernalia such as baggies, a grinder, a scale and a small amount of pot.

Are these rings insured?

BUPD received a larceny report on March 22 at 6:30 p.m. from a female affiliate whose engagement and wedding ring had been stolen from a locker at the Fitness and Recreation Center sometime between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on March 21.

Library larceny

On March 23 at 4:30 p.m. a female student reported that her MacBook had been stolen from Mugar Memorial Library while it was left unattended. Mugar staff saw a female suspect on a surveillance camera picking up the laptop and walking out of the library.

Bookworm

At 10:15 a.m. on March 24 a staff member from the Kenmore Square Barnes & Noble caught a female who used fraudulent checks to pay for material. In January, the same suspect used fraudulent checks to pay for about $1,700 worth of items. The suspect fled the scene before police arrived.

Piano man

On March 25 at 11 a.m. a piano dealer from Tennessee called BUPD to report that two people claiming to be affiliated with a fake College of Fine Arts group called “Boston Strings” paid for six pianos using fraudulent checks.

Stolen identity

At 3:15 a.m. on March 26 police were trying to identify an intoxicated female student at Warren Towers when they found a false license from Venezuela.

Put out the roach and light a brand new L

At 10 Buick St. on March 27 at 4:15 a.m. Office of Residents Life staff contacted the BUPD about an intoxicated male student, and when police arrived they found that the student was in possession of a small amount of marijuana.