CITY CRIME LOGS

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from Nov. 9 to Nov. 15, 2011.

Beer here

At 9:15 p.m. last Friday, officers who were assigned to monitor liquor sales inside the Shaw’s supermarket at 1065 Commonwealth Ave. in Allston observed a 21-year-old female Boston University student with a shopping cart containing three packs of Rolling Rock beer. Officers watched her exit the store and meet two young-looking males to whom she handed a pack of beer. Officers asked the three for identification, and found one male to be a 19-year-old BU student. The female will be summonsed to court for procuring alcohol to a minor, and the male will be summonsed to court for being a minor in possession of alcohol. Detectives confiscated the three packs of beer.

Head trip

While on patrol, officers noticed a 20-year-old male BU student who they said appeared to be in distress at 34 Ashford St. in Allston last Saturday at 12:45 a.m. The victim stated that his laptop and jacket were taken from his room and that he saw a black male, age 19, wearing the victim’s Columbia jacket. The victim said that the suspect ran from him when he asked why he had his jacket on. Officers took the victim along with them to locate the suspect in the neighborhood. Police located the suspect and put him under arrest. In handcuffs, the victim asked officers to call his “mommy” and fell to the ground. The male became violent and began flailing his arms at the ground, resisting arrest and yelling obscenities. In the police cruiser, the suspect caused small lacerations and swelling to his head from banging it too many times. Police called Boston EMS, and the victim attempted to break free from restraints and kicked the EMS worker in the ambulance on the way to Beth Israel Hospital while chanting religious rants. Police suspect his actions are drug-related, and the male is being held at the hospital for sobriety tests and evaluation. Police charged him with larceny from a building, assault and battery on a police officer, resisting arrest and disturbing the peace. He also had two warrants out for his arrest.

Backing it up

Last Saturday at 10:30 a.m., two males, aged 21 and 23, walked into the police station to report that they found three backpacks outside of their dumpster at 34 Ashford St. in Allston. They recognized that one of the bags was their own and that it was removed from their apartment during a breaking and entering earlier that morning. The recovered backpack had clothing, a laptop and a wallet that was left untouched. The two males returned the other backpacks containing laptops, valued at about $1,000 each, to the police. Police found the other owners and returned their belongings. Residents said that their home showed no signs of forced entry.

Three against one

At 12 p.m. on Monday, a 22-year-old male reported that he was assaulted and robbed while walking on Ashford Street in Allston at 1:30 a.m. on Sunday. After attending a house party, three males on skateboards approached him. The victim said that one of the males, described as six feet, slim and blonde, punched him. The rest of the group punched and kicked as the victim was on the ground for five minutes. The victim said he realized soon after that his wallet was stolen. On Sunday, Bank of America notified the victim of irregular debit usages at Irving in Allston and at Target and Home Depot of Watertown. The victim had noticeable swelling and discoloration on his face, but he declined medical assistance. Police continue to search for the suspects.