CAMPUS CRIME LOGS

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Nov. 14 to Nov. 20, 2011.

Hide your keys 

Three car thefts took place at the Babcock parking lot this week. On Nov. 14 at 8:30 p.m., a male visiting BU reported that his keys were stolen from the hockey locker room while he was skating at the Walter Brown Arena. Several items were missing from his car when he returned to it. The same exact scenario happened to another male on Nov. 15 at 6:30 p.m. A third theft happened on Nov. 16 at 3:30 p.m. when a BU employee left his car unlocked and found $25 in cash had been stolen.

Mysterious withdrawal 

A male student reported from 32 Harry Agganis Way on Nov. 18 at 10 a.m. that $2,000 was withdrawn from his checking account without authorization. The student said the withdrawal must have taken place between Nov. 16 and Nov. 18. The incident is under investigation.

Scammer alert

On Nov. 18 at 4:20 p.m., a female student reported that while applying for a job online, a company tried to scam her into sending money. BUPD said these cases were frequent last year. A scam artist will ask a job applicant to cash a check sent to the applicant and then to return a portion of the money back to the company. When the check appears to have cleared, students will send their money to the company. Later, they find that the check had bounced.

Creeper in the night

A female student reported that while walking past Agganis Arena at 925 Commonwealth Ave. at 3:30 a.m. on Nov. 19, she noticed a suspicious male following her. She said that the male looked as if he was holding car keys, but did not describe his looks. When she sped up, he took off into the alleyway behind the police station. Police searched the area to no avail.

Bigger problem than the lost wallet

Police recovered a lost wallet that was turned in from 32 Harry Agganis Way on Nov. 19 at 5 a.m. While trying to identify whom the wallet belonged to, police found two fake IDs. The female student got her wallet back, but she will be summoned to Brighton District Court for two accounts of false identification.

The moped menace strikes again

At 9:45 p.m. on Nov. 20, a male student was robbed of his iPhone. The student was walking west past Marsh Plaza when someone on a moped approached him from behind to reach out and snatch the phone from the student’s hand. By the time the student reached a telephone to contact police, the suspect was long gone after fleeing up St. Mary’s Street. BUPD has received multiple cases of cell phone theft from an unknown suspect on a moped this semester.