Trivino pleads guilty to assault and battery, trespassing

Former Boston University hockey forward Corey Trivino pleaded guilty to two counts of assault and battery and one count of trespassing Tuesday morning at Brighton District Court.

He was sentenced to two years of probation under the condition he remains alcohol free, attends weekly Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, submits to random urine tests, has no contact with the victim and undergoes a psychiatric evaluation.

These charges come from Trivino’s Dec. 11 arrest. Originally he was charged with assault with intent to rape, three counts of indecent assault battery and two counts of breaking and entering.

The two counts of assault and battery he was charged with were reduced from indecent assault and battery and the trespassing charge was reduced from breaking and entering.

Assistant District Attorney Gloriann Moroney of Conley’s Family Protection and Sexual Assault Bureau said the plea bargain was recommended because the victim did not want to go through the trauma of trial.

According to a District Attorney press release Moroney was prepared to introduce testimony to show that Trivino and others were violating mandatory quiet hours that night when the victim, a 23-year-old resident assistant, asked them to be quiet.

Then Trivino walked back to the victim’s room and groped her after she asked him to leave. According to the release, Trivino left then returned assaulted her again. She eventually contacted the resident director and then the Boston University Police Department.

The victim of Trivino’s advances addressed the court and read a prepared statement, describing herself as a “survivor of a violent attack.”

“I did nothing to bring this on myself,” she said through tears.

Trivino addressed the court as well, apologizing to the victim.

“I just want her to know that I’m truly deeply sorry,” he said.

Trivino, whose draft rights are currently held by the New York Islanders, has not yet signed onto this NHL team.

During this time he will be required to communicate with his probation officer by phone and undergo urine analysis on a weekly basis.

Trivino completed a four-month intensive outpatient rehabilitation program in Ontario following his arrest to treat his admitted problems with alcohol.

1. I guess it is all right to rape woman on the BU campus or anywhere in Boston as there seems to be no punishment for it. I would be fearful to send a daughter to school today.

2. Of course, there was no punishment for rape. Nobody was raped.