Arts & Entertainment, The Muse, Weeklies

The right decision: Two Door Cinema Club at The House of Blues

As a New Yorker in the heartland of the enemy, I usually have two duties — hate any Boston sports team and always root for the New York team. Since I don’t receive the majority of the Yankees or Giants games here, it’s usually a big deal when I get to see either of those teams play.

On Sunday I experienced a tough decision — watch the Giants play against the Eagles, or go to the Two Door Cinema Club concert. As tempted, as I was to stay home and watch the Giants I made the more adventurous, and overall better, choice and went to the concert.

Two Door Cinema Club had two openers at staple Fenway venue the House of Blues Sunday night. The second opener, Friends, which consisted of two women and three men, were extremely funky, energetic and weird. The lead singer, Samantha Urbani, could not remember what day it was and kept yelling at everyone that it was Saturday. Urbani also liked to screech in every song. Some people seemed to like them a little but I wouldn’t recommend them, and most of the crowd just seemed confused as to why Friends was on.

In between Friends and Two Door Cinema Club, the HoB played danced music. At first it was just normal, random songs in between sets but then it became just Electronic Dance Music along with a light show, which energized the crowd.

Two Door Cinema Club, a band from Northern Ireland, has released two full-length albums. Their 2010 Tourist Historywas selected for Choice Music Prize for Irish Album of the Year, and 2012’s Beacon debuted at number one on the Irish charts. With Alex Trimble on lead vocals, Sam Halliday on lead guitar, Kevin Baird on bass and touring member Benjamin Thompson on drums, Two Door exploded on the stage. Switching between their two albums, Two Door kept the crowd involved and highly energized. Two Door’s music can simply be described as dance-y. With Thompson keeping the backbeat on their songs, Two Door can sound like EDM with guitar. Trimble’s voice was clear and it was easy to hear and comprehend the lyrics. Trimble also played good rhythm guitar to Halliday on lead. Older than five years now, Two Door seemed comfortable on the stage and in front of the big crowd.

Not only did Two Door use the venue’s normal strobe lights — they also had their own backdrop that went along with their music that changed colors and speed. As it is with so many shows, Two Door saved their most popular song for their encore. After the concert, I was glad that I had made the decision to go out and see them instead of just staying home and watching the Giants — who lost. Sometimes doing the activity that requires more work can be more fun. 

1. I cherished up to you’ll receive carried out right here. The comic strip is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. however, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be turning in the following. sick definitely come more before once more since precisely the same nearly a lot regularly within case you protect this increase.