City crime logs

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from Nov. 1 to Nov. 6.

Catch and Release 

Police responded to a call from Soldier’s Field Road in Allston for assault and battery on Saturday at about 5:55 p.m. The victim took a taxicab ride at about 3:40 p.m. to Dunkin’ Donuts at 181 Brighton Ave. and paid the $8.20 fee and $2 tip with a credit card. The machine accepted the payment when she tried to leave, the victim found that the doors of the vehicle were locked. After trying to exit the cab three more times, the cab driver said he did not know how to unlock the doors. When the woman began to phone for help, the driver unlocked the door. When she stepped out of the car, the driver grabbed her by the arm and began to shake her screaming “Thief! Thief!” When a passerby intervened, the driver fled. The police could not find the driver after a search of the area.

Thief in Disguise

On Saturday, police received a report at 10:30 a.m. about a stolen MacBook Pro laptop, valued at about $1,200, from Wadsworth Street in Allston. The victim said his laptop was stolen from his brother’s residence during a Halloween party on Oct. 31. One person told the police he believed an unknown party snuck into his house through an unlocked door and stole the laptop from his room between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. on the morning of Nov. 1.

Dinner, Interrupted

At 4:25 p.m. Sunday, officers responded to a radio call at 80 Brighton Ave. in Allston about a Honda CRV that was broken into in the parking lot of Shabu-Zen restaurant. The victim discovered her car’s driver’s side window smashed in and possessions stolen from the vehicle at about 3:45 p.m. Items stolen include a Ralph Lauren tote bag, a laptop, a bio-chemistry textbook and a student identification card, totaling more than $1,000 in lost goods.

Hiding in the Attic

At 11:26 a.m. Sunday, police responded to Litchfield St. in Brighton after shots were fired. While working on the roof of the house, the victim was shot in the upper back with a BB gun. The victim said he heard two shots before the third hit him. He believed the shots came from the attic of a house across the street. A witness, the construction supervisor of the site, told police he saw the window in the attic of that house halfway open and closed twice before the shots were fired. Officers found two people in the attic of the house, but they said they did not hear anything because they were sleeping. The victim refused any medical assistance that was offered to him.