City Crime Logs: Ghost of break-ins past

The following crime reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District 14 crime logs from March 18 to March 22.

A break-in occurred in Allston at 54 Quint Ave. between about 10 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. Sunday. The victim said when she woke up Sunday, she found her bedroom window damaged after opening her window shade. The outer pane was shattered and the screen was ripped. She also found unexplained footprints in the snow under the window. Last week, the victim found her living room window screen pried open and the glass shattered. She thought the damage was due to the severe weather, but now believes it was a result of an attempted break-in. The victim’s landlord was notified to fix the broken window.

Just wanted some chicken

A Kentucky Fried Chicken manager arrived at the restaurant, located at 30 N. Beacon St., at about 8:40 a.m. Friday and heard a beeping noise coming from the safe in the restaurant. The safe was open and pieces of paperwork were strewn about. Although there were no obvious signs of forced entry into the safe, about $1,200 worth of paper money and rolls of quarters was missing. The manager stated the restaurant closed at about 10:30 p.m. the night before. The police found no further signs of a break-in, but they discovered that the rear door, which appeared to be closed and secured, could be opened from the outside by pulling at the top.

Take you to the butcher shoppe

A man scheduled a concert to take place at his home at 24 Armington St. Friday night. He called the venue the “Butcher Shoppe” when he advertised the concert on social media websites. Local bands were scheduled to play that night. However, the City of Boston Alcohol Licensing Department and Department of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation did not issue the man a permit for the event. When the police discovered the plans for the concert Thursday, they notified the man about the safety hazards and possible fines he would have to pay the city. They then advised him to contact the bands and possible attendees and tell them that the concert would not occur because it was unlicensed.

Flash had a light

On Thursday, an armed robbery occurred at the corner of Glenville Terrace and Harvard Avenue at about 12:05 a.m. The victim stated that three unknown men approached him and one of them asked him, “Do you have a light?” When the victim said yes, the man pulled out a knife and told him, “Give me everything you got.” The victim fled the scene on foot before any of the suspects could take his belongings or physically injure him. He called the police when he reached the Linden Superette, located at the corner of Brighton Avenue and Linden Street.