City Crime Logs: Boozey Break-In

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton D-14 crime logs from April 16 to April 23.

A breaking and entering occurred in a Brighton apartment located at 1789 Commonwealth Ave. around 2:37 a.m. on Sunday. One of the residents, a student, awoke when she heard someone pounding on the door. When she came out of her bedroom, she found herself face to face with the suspect, who smelled strongly of alcohol. He then ran out the side door of the apartment carrying a television. When officers performed a security safety check, the only sign of forced entry they observed was an open side window.

Hello? Is it me you’re looking for?

On Friday, a resident at a two-family home at 50 Kirkwood Road reported a breaking and entering at about 4 a.m. The victim stated he awoke when he heard the front door of his apartment open, which was followed by the sound of his bedroom door opening. He saw the silhouette of a man inside his room. The man fled the apartment when he realized the victim was awake. None of the victim’s five roommates heard or saw anything that night, and they were certain they locked the front door earlier that evening. There were no signs of forced entry.

Crazy acid trip

Two students were robbed near the corner of Ashford Street and Malvern Street around 2:42 a.m. on Saturday. They were walking along Ashford when a black Buick Rendezvous pulled over beside them and three men stepped out of the vehicle. The first suspect told the victim to get on his knees and hand over his wallet, identification card and money. The second suspect stated that his accomplice was “on drugs and freaking out” and that the victims had “better give him what he wants.” The vehicle then fled down Ashford onto Babcock Street and was not found by police. Taken from the victims were a New Jersey driver’s license and a brown and tan purse full of make-up.

This fare is too damn high!

Around 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a cab driver picked up an individual at 301 Washington St. in Brighton. The driver drove her to New York Pizza on Massachusetts Avenue where she gave her Bank of America Visa and asked the driver to front her $20 that she would pay back when she paid the cab fare. She then asked him to drive her home to 1160 Commonwealth Ave. Once at her house, the suspect attempted to pay with her credit card, but it was declined. She exited the cab and went into her apartment. When officers knocked on her door, the suspect stated that she could not answer the door because she was too busy cleaning and the cab driver charged too much, The officers told her she would be summoned to court to pay the money she owed.