Crime Logs: $150 foot-long

The following crime reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District 14 crime logs from April 23 to April 30.

At 7:35 p.m. on Friday, a cashier was robbed at knifepoint at the Market Street Gulf gas station, located on Market Street. The suspect was about 5-foot-10 and was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt when he entered the gas station. He approached the cashier, pulled out a long knife and told the cashier to open the register. The suspect then reached across the counter and pulled out $150 of cash before fleeing down North Beacon Street with an accomplice. Prior to the incident, the cashier pulled the $10 and $20 bills out of the register and put them into the safe.

Lava Girl getaway

A breaking and entering incident occurred at an Allston apartment, located at 335 Faneuil St., at about 3:24 p.m. Thursday. The owner of the property stated that he was driving by the apartment when he noticed two dark-skinned Hispanic males rush down the front stairs of the building with a small bag. They entered a black Honda Accord that was driven by a woman with either pink or orange hair. The owner followed the vehicle and wrote down its license plate number before returning to his apartment. He discovered that his tenants’ front door was open but was not sure if any items had been stolen. Further investigation revealed that an iPad and a MacBook Pro had been stolen from the victim.

Those teens and their baggy pants

A woman noticed that her backpack was stolen from her blue Toyota Corolla, parked at 52 Strathmore Road, at 2:00 p.m. Thursday. She stated that an unknown person smashed her driver-side window and took her backpack that contained an iPod Nano and a check. Although she did not see the crime take place, she believes that the suspects were a young man and woman wearing sweatpants.

Cocaine is a helluva drug

At about 6:20 p.m. on Thursday, police caught a man in possession of crack cocaine at the intersection of Washington Street and Monastery Road, an area where citizens have complained of frequent drug sales and usage. Police observed an occupied motor vehicle that was stopped and facing the wrong way on the wrong side of the street. Upon closer observation, police realized the operator of the vehicle matched the photo of a man displayed on the department mobile data terminal.  When the police approached him, they told him that license had been suspended and he was not allowed to drive, and then arrested him for operating a motor vehicle after suspension. During the booking process the officers discovered a chapstick container filled with three plastic bags of crack cocaine inside the suspect’s jean pocket. They also found $870 in cash in his possession and charged him as a drug distributor.