Lacrosse, Sports

Men’s lacrosse announces schedule for 2014 campaign

This week, the Boston University men’s lacrosse team and coach Ryan Polley formally announced the schedule for the team’s upcoming inaugural season.

Feb. 8, BU will play its first-ever Division I opponent when they take on Mercer University in Georgia. One week later, the Terriers will play Canisius College in their first home game at Nickerson Field.

From there, the team dives straight into Patriot League play with a home match against Lehigh University. One of the season’s most challenging games is expected when the Terriers take on 2012 NCAA Champions Loyola University-Maryland April 12.

In addition to Patriot League opponents, the Terriers will take on several key non-conference teams including the University of Vermont, Providence College and crosstown rival Harvard University. Reigning NCAA Champions Duke University will also pay a visit to Nickerson Field to end the season.

The Patriot League Championship tournament will take place starting Apr. 22 and if the Terriers make the final round of the tournament, the game will take place on April 27. The winner of the playoffs will advance to the NCAA Tournament.

All home games will take place on Saturdays, save for the tilt with the Blue Devils, which takes place Sunday, May 4.

Jackie is a sports reporter for The Daily Free Press and has previously served as Managing Editor and Associate Sports Editor of the FreeP. At this moment, she's probably watching Shark Tank and thinking of ways to work, "and for that reason, I'm out," into casual conversations. Please send all inquiries in the form of a box combo from Cane's with no coleslaw and extra fries or follow her on Twitter at @jackie_bam