Editorial

DFP announces launch of redesigned website and weekly print content

September 1, 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The Daily Free Press announces launch of redesigned website and weekly print content

At the close of the spring 2014 semester, Alex Nawar, former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Daily Free Press, announced the publication’s plan to transition to a digital-first, weekly print model. We promised a redesigned website, improved multimedia content and increased dedication to delivering comprehensive, Boston University community-based news and features. This fall, we begin the next phase in FreeP history.

A committee of former editors devoted countless hours to constructing the brand new Dailyfreepress.com. With significantly improved functionality and aesthetics, we hope the website will serve not only as the primary medium for student-produced news content at BU, but also as a revitalized platform for community discourse and communication.

Because our staff will continue to spend many hours producing content from our office and in the community on a daily basis, we will maintain our moniker, The Daily Free Press. Each Thursday, we will distribute 5,000 copies of The Free Press to campus. This new print model will feature 12 pages of campus and city news coverage, sports, features and opinion pieces that reflect the best of our staff’s work.

Several members of the community contributed during our transitional phase, helping to ensure that our presence at the start of the semester does not falter. We would like to thank our advertising partner MediaMate, our web developer Steven Ma and the Dean of Students Office for their continued aid.

As we move forward with this endeavor, we encourage all forms of feedback. The thoughts, opinions and feelings of you, our readers, play a quintessential role in how we determine to continue delivering award-winning journalism to the BU community. Help us serve you by emailing editor@dailyfreepress.com, reaching out to us on our Facebook page or tweeting @dailyfreepress.

Thank you for your continued support on our mission to bring the stories that matter most to you.

Tyler Lay

Chair of the Board of Directors

Back Bay Publishing Co.

The Daily Free Press

board@dailyfreepress.com