Campus Crime Logs: April 16 – April 22

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department from April 16 to April 22.

Racial harassment on 915 Commonwealth Ave.

A female student reported that parties in a motor vehicle yelled racial slurs at her on two separate occasions Thursday in front of the Fitness and Recreation Center at 915 Commonwealth Ave., at approximately 10:45 p.m. The incidents are currently under investigation.

Bicycle stolen from Questrom School of Business

A 35-year-old male reported Thursday at approximately 1:04 p.m. his bicycle was taken from the bike rack in front of the Questrom School of Business at 595 Commonwealth Ave.

Bicycle stolen from GSU

A 19-year-old female student reported that her bicycle was stolen from the bike rack in front of Mugar Memorial Library in the George Sherman Union at 775 Commonwealth Ave. at approximately 11:30 a.m. The bicycle was left unsecured.

Officers respond to fire on Babcock Street

UPD and the Boston Fire Department responded to Sleeper Hall at 275 Babcock St., Thursday at approximately 11 p.m. due to reports of smoke coming from the basement. BFD said the smoke was the result of liquid dripping on the Thermal Imaging Unit, and that there was no fire. Students were later allowed back into the building.

Wallet stolen from College of Arts and Sciences

A 21-year-old female student reported Thursday that a wallet she had left unattended in the Geddes Language Center in the College of Arts and Sciences at 685 Commonwealth Ave. was missing. The theft occurred between approximately 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.

Vehicle break-in on Comm. Ave.

Officers received a report Saturday from a 39-year-old male not affiliated with the university that his car was broken into. The car, parked on Commonwealth Avenue, had the rear window shattered between 11 p.m. on Friday and 8:45 a.m. on Saturday. Nothing was reported missing from the car.

Second vehicle break-in on Comm. Ave.

A 32-year-old female not affiliated with the university reported Saturday that her vehicle was broken into. The incident occurred in the same area of Commonwealth Avenue during the same time period as the first break in. A briefcase was reported missing.

Credit card stolen at party

A 19-year-old male student reported his credit card was taken from 1135 Commonwealth Ave. The theft occurred between approximately 11 p.m. on Friday and 9:20 a.m. on Saturday while the student was at an off-campus party. The credit card was unattended at the time.

Sunglasses stolen from Questrom

A 19-year-old female student reported Saturday that sunglasses left in the second-floor common room of Questrom were missing. The theft occurred between approximately 3 p.m. and 5:46 p.m. There are no suspects.

Purse stolen in front of GSU

A 19-year-old female student reported that at approximately noon Saturday a purse she had left unattended on a bench in front of the GSU was missing. She left the purse unattended for approximately three hours.

BU students found in possession of alcohol

Officers stopped two individuals coming out of a liquor store at 910 Beacon St. A 19-year-old male student was charged Saturday for underage possession or alcohol and the 21-year-old female student with him was charged with providing a minor with alcohol. Both individuals will be summoned to the Roxbury District Court.

Minor found in possession of alcohol

A 19-year-old male who attempted to enter a dormitory with a case of beer was stopped Saturday at approximately 10:27 p.m. Officers stopped the student of Rich Hall at 277 Babcock St. The student was charged with underage procession and will be summoned to Brighton District Court.