Campus Crime Logs: Sept. 24-27

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department from Sept. 24 to 27.

Mail stolen from 140 Bay State Rd.

A female student reported Sept. 24 that she had received an empty envelope in her mailbox at 140 Bay State Rd., The Towers. She said she believes the contents of the envelope were stolen prior to her receiving it.

Bicycle thief caught behind City Convenience

BUPD officers observed a suspicious male on Friday behind City Convenience at 543 Commonwealth Ave. The suspect was walking through the rear alley with two bicycles, one of which had a cut cable lock on it. The officers were able to contact the owner of that bike and confirm that it had been stolen. The thief was then placed under arrest for stealing the bicycle.

Two students found in possession of marijuana on Babcock Street

One female and one male student were charged for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana at 275 Babcock St. on Friday. Each student received a civil citation.

Vehicle vandalized at 1 University Rd.

An employee reported Saturday that his motor vehicle was vandalized at 1 University Rd. outside the Student Activities Office. The vehicle had various scrapes and dents as well as a broken windshield.

Student scammed at 14 Buswell St.

A male student reported Saturday that he had been a victim of a scam. The student was approached by a male party in a vehicle who asked the student if he wanted to buy some coats. The victim and the suspect went in the vehicle to an ATM, where the victim withdrew $500 from his bank account. The student gave the $500 to the suspect, who in return gave the victim one jacket and then left.

BB gun fired at 11 Euston St.

Brookline Police Department reported to BUPD Saturday that several BBs were fired from 11 Euston St. into the building across the road. The BBs damaged a window screen and broke a mason jar that was on the window sill. Brookline PD will be summoning four BU students for destruction of property and discharging a BB gun in public.

Alcohol found at 33 Harry Agganis Way

Officers responded Sunday to a noise complaint by a residence assistant at 33 Harry Agganis Way, Student Village II. The officers found several empty beer cans as well as some full and unopened cans. They also found two bottles of vodka that were almost empty. Seven students were involved and the incident will be handled by Judicial Affairs.

Bicycle stolen from 135 Bay State Rd.

A male student reported Sunday that his bicycle had been stolen from 135 Bay State Rd.

Kennedy serves as a city associate for the Daily Free Press. A freshman, she studies English with a minor in philosophy. As a journalist, Kennedy shows special interest in crime and local politics. You can follow her on Twitter at @stellarkenn.