Campus Crime Logs: Oct. 1- Oct. 4

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department from Oct. 1 to 4.

Bicycle stolen from 775 Commonwealth Ave.

A male student reported Oct. 1 that his bike was stolen from 775 Commonwealth Ave., the George Sherman Union, at 5:00 p.m. The thief had cut the cable lock to retrieve the bike.

Money stolen from student dorm at Myles Standish Hall

A student reported on Oct. 1 that $400 had been taken from his room between Sept. 25 at 8:00 a.m. and Sept. 27 at 5:00 p.m. The student’s room in Myles had not been secured at the time of the theft.

Students summonsed for possession of beer

BUPD officers caught an underage male student carrying beer at the corner of Alcorn Street and Gardner Street on Friday at approximately 8:20 p.m. Officers later caught an underage male and underage female student carrying beer at the same location at 8:38 p.m. Officers caught two more underage male students carrying beer at that location at 8:52 p.m. All are being summonsed to Brighton District Court.

Narcotics suspected at 5 Cummington Mall

A person reported Saturday at 3:30 p.m. to have seen a suspicious male in one of the rooms in 5 Cummington Mall, the Biology Research Building. When the party checked the room, they found a blanket and a bent spoon, leading them to suspect heroin was used. The suspect was gone. BUPD found no paraphernalia or narcotics in the area.

Backpack stolen from 44 Cummington Mall

A male non-affiliate reported that his backpack was stolen Saturday from 44 Cummington Mall at 4:46 p.m. The victim had set his backpack on the sidewalk while he was working out of a truck. As he was working, a male party rode by on a bicycle and took his backpack.

Three students summonsed for possession of beer

BUPD officers caught two 20-year-old male students and one 19-year-old female student dividing up beer at Babcock Street and Commonwealth Avenue on Saturday at approximately 6:53 p.m.  All are being summonsed to Brighton District Court for being minors in possession of alcohol.

Student caught in possession of marijuana at Rich Hall

A male student was found in possession of marijuana Saturday at 9:28 p.m. at 277 Babcock St. in West Campus. He will be issued a civil citation for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.

Intoxicated student transported to hospital

An intoxicated female student was found on the sidewalk at 277 Babcock St. and was transported to the hospital on Sunday at 3:01 a.m.

Student scammed through fake subscription

A female student reported Sunday that she had been scammed through an online technical support subscription. The student received a call a few days after the purchase saying that the business was shutting down and needed to refund her the money. The caller asked for access to her computer and made it look as though they had put $2,000 into her bank account. She was told to go to Western Union and send a check for $1,700 to repay back to the company. After doing so, she found that no money had been put into her bank account, so she had sent them $1,700 of her personal money.

Kennedy serves as a city associate for the Daily Free Press. A freshman, she studies English with a minor in philosophy. As a journalist, Kennedy shows special interest in crime and local politics. You can follow her on Twitter at @stellarkenn.