Campus Crime Logs Jan. 18 – 24

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Jan. 18 to Jan. 24.

Jacket stolen from 915 Commonwealth Ave.

A male student reported his jacket was stolen Jan. 18 from a coat rack on the first floor of the Fitness and Recreation Center on 915 Commonwealth Ave. at 9:32 p.m.

Marijuana use reported at 575 Commonwealth Ave.

A Residence Life staff member observed a male party smoking a marijuana cigarette Jan. 18 at 10:54 p.m. in front of 575 Commonwealth Ave. When approached by a resident assistant, the suspect fled the scene.

Attempted credit card fraud at 730 Commonwealth Ave.

A clerk at the CVS located at 730 Commonwealth Ave. reported a male party might have tried to use a stolen credit card Jan. 19 at 3:12 p.m. When the clerk asked for identification, the suspect failed to produce any and left the store without buying anything.

Laptop stolen from 575 Commonwealth Ave.

A female student reported her laptop computer was stolen Jan. 19 at 3:23 p.m. from the 7th floor study lounge in the residence at 575 Commonwealth Ave.

Wallet and keys stolen from 745 Commonwealth Ave.

A female student reported her wallet and keys were stolen from the second floor of the library at 745 Commonwealth Ave. at 4:34 p.m. Jan. 19.

Roommate reported to be smoking marijuana

A student came forward to report his roommate was using marijuana Jan. 20 at 2:39 p.m. Officers met with the reporting party at 19 Deerfield St., although that is not where the incident occurred.

Phishing scam targeting university employees

The police station at 32 Harry Agganis Way commenced an investigation Jan. 21 in response to an email phishing scam sent to employees.

Suspicious person reported at 575 Commonwealth Ave.

A Residence Life staff member reported a male student was knocking on doors on the 5th and 6th floors of a residence located at 575 Commonwealth Ave. Jan. 21 at 12 p.m. The student then entered the room of a female student whose door was unlocked, startling her by opening her door unannounced.

Marijuana and grinder confiscated from Sleeper Hall

Residence Life reported smelling the odor of marijuana from a dorm at 275 Babcock St. Jan. 21 at 9:46 p.m. Officers responded and confiscated a small amount of marijuana and a grinder.

PayPal fraudulence

A female student in Myles Standish Hall at 610 Beacon St. reported Jan. 22 at 7:18 p.m. that she sold a laptop on eBay on Jan. 14 and was never paid. The student said that she shipped the laptop and found out the PayPal account the buyer was using was a fraud.

Underage possession of alcohol

Officers responded to reports of underage parties with possession of alcohol at The Towers residence at 140 Bay State Road Jan. 23 at 10:05 p.m. Residents of the room were issued court summons for housing minors in possession of alcohol.