RENNER: Roosh V’s misogyny must be ignored

A group of misogynists was scheduled to meet Friday at the Paul Revere statue in Boston’s North End. This meeting has since been canceled due to safety concerns.

This was only one of 165 meetings planned worldwide of a backward, self-proclaimed cult led by a man named Daryush Valizadeh, also known as Roosh V. Though the BBC described Valizadeh as a “pick-up artist,” in reality, he is a social terrorist. He controls a website called Return of Kings, runs his own blog and has written multiple books called “Bang Guides.”

Just breezing through Valizadeh’s blog, one can find some of his “All Time Top 50 Articles” such as “Women Have Reduced Themselves To Sexual Commodities,” “Women Must Have Their Behavior And Decisions Controlled By Men” and “Do Not Have Sex With Feminists.” In one article titled “It’s Time To Ditch The World For Rooshland,” Valizadeh proposes his ideas for his “own nation, free from the feminist West.” He says:

“There will be two classes of women on Rooshland: wives and sluts. You are allowed to have as many as four wives on Rooshland, but you are responsible for their feeding and care. There will also be a rotating population of sluts provided by the government that will be available for every man to spit game on, but violent rape is not allowed so you will have to provide these sluts with the tingles they require for leg opening.”

Are you horrified? Do you have any questions about that? Are you a woman? According to his Frequently Asked Questions, if a female wants to ask Valizadeh a question via email, she must “include a link to [her] picture (both face and body must be visible).”

In 2015, Valizadeh first began getting real attention outside of the dark, dirty online alleys in which he typically lurks after posting an article on his blog titled “How To Stop Rape. In a piece reminiscent of Jonathan Swift’s “A Modest Proposal” — but serious — he suggests the government “make rape legal if done on private property.”

In the comments below the article, some of his followers defend this absurdity as a satirical work. But in reality, this post aligns perfectly with all of his other deranged beliefs that make up the content of this site.

The trouble now with Valizadeh’s media resurgence is that it’s giving him the publicity he wants and so badly needs. Out of every 100 or even 1,000 people that stumble across his blog, perhaps one or two actually agree with his garbage. These people would likely have been at the Paul Revere statue at 8 p.m. Saturday night.

Other countries had urged citizens to ignore Valizadeh, and protesters were even trying to get his meetings banned in the United Kingdom. Now that they’ve been canceled, his name should stay out of the media for a while — but he sure as hell isn’t going anywhere. If anything, Roosh V and his band of evil goons are just getting started, and we’ve given them the exposure they needed to keep going.