REMILLARD: Hillary Clinton hides gaffes in Donald Trump’s shadow

At the time I’m writing this, if you go to CNN’s website, nine out of the 12 articles at the top of the page are about Republican frontrunner Donald Trump. The deluge of Trump coverage in this election cycle is overwhelming, and it’s becoming more and more clear that the consistent mention of his name in headlines — no matter the context — is helping rather than hurting his campaign. But who else is it helping?

Protestors forced Trump to cancel an appearance in Chicago Friday amid safety concerns, The New York Times reported. The Democratic candidates had notably divergent responses to the cancellation. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders issued a statement directly holding Trump at fault: “What caused the protests at Trump’s rally is a candidate that has promoted hatred and division.”

Fellow Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton responded by claiming, “The divisive rhetoric we are seeing should be of grave concern to us all.” She did not mention Trump’s name or specifically link his words to the protests.

Further, Clinton made the strange decision to touch on last year’s mass shooting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina. Clinton wrote, “Last year in Charleston, South Carolina an evil man walked into a church and murdered nine people. The families of those victims came together and melted hearts in the statehouse and the confederate flag came down. That should be the model we strive for to overcome painful divisions in our country.”

What?

Not only are the Charleston shootings irrelevant to the Chicago rally, but Clinton is clumsily insinuating, as many black voices on Twitter subsequently pointed out, that people of color should stand down in the face of racist violence. It is the same rhetoric with which white politicians consistently chastise black protestors, the same voices who tout Martin Luther King Jr.’s commitment to nonviolence and toss out his explicit advocacy for civil disobedience.

And this isn’t even Clinton’s only major mistake in the last week. Clinton gravely misspoke in an NBC interview, in the wake of former first lady Nancy Reagan’s death, championing her “very effective low-key advocacy” in the fight against AIDS during the disease’s outbreak in the 1980s.

In fact, the Reagans were shamefully deficient in their response to the AIDS epidemic that emerged in the United States in San Francisco in 1981. By the time former President Ronald Reagan first spoke of the illness in 1987, as ABC reported, approximately 20,000 Americans had died of complications from AIDS. BuzzFeed reported that Mrs. Reagan refused to assist friend and AIDS victim Rock Hudson in moving to a better hospital in France. Hudson died in 1985.

Clinton issued an apology on Twitter later on Friday. But it’s a tough pill to swallow for the LGBT community that was left devastated in the 1980s by the Reagans’ indifference to AIDS. It’s also difficult to understand why Clinton made this mistake. After all, it wasn’t necessary that she herald Mrs. Reagan for anything. When Associate Justice Antonin Scalia died, Clinton was short and respectful: “I did not hold Justice Scalia’s views, but he was a dedicated public servant.” She tripped on her own overcompensation.

And that’s not all. At a St. Louis, Missouri rally on Saturday, ABC reported that Clinton blasted Sanders: “I don’t know where he was when I was trying to get healthcare in ’93 and ’94.” Video emerged shortly after showing Clinton at Dartmouth College in 1993, thanking Sanders for his support on health care.

The Sanders campaign also released a photo that Clinton sent Sanders in 1993 of the two of them with a note that reads, in part, “Thanks for your commitment to real healthcare access for all Americans.”

These mistakes are both underreported and under-analyzed. Clinton has, in the past week, made racially insensitive comments, given inaccurate and offensive praise and leveled false attacks against her opponent. Yet she emerges seemingly unscathed, rebuked only by a small portion of the electorate and media paying careful attention to her statements.

Why?

As is the case with nearly every topic in this election, it’s Trump’s fault. His antics, his audacity, just his presence has monopolized the discourse and dwarfed Clinton’s blunders. The kind of stuff that would devastate a campaign in any other election seems inconsequential in the face of Trump.

While Trump is creating a spectacle out of effectively burning down the Republican Party, Clinton is quietly annexing the Democratic nomination. When the GOP finally puts out the flames, will the Democrats turn back and wonder if this is really what they wanted for themselves?

1. The media twists itself into pretzels dismissing , hiding her failures , buying her obvious distortions on her emails , instead of a helicopter parent , Hillary benefits from the helicopter media

2. DONALD TRUMP IS NOT FOR SALE.
    FOREIGN COUNTRIES LIKE MEXICO, CHINA, JAPAN, EUROPE, AND TRANSPACIFIC PARTNERSHIP CAN NO LONGER STEAL OUR JOBS AND MEGA BUSINESSES ANYMORE.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT THEIR COUNTRY BACK.

NEITHER DEMOCRATS NOR THE GOP SYNDICATE DO WHAT THEY PLEDGE.

Kasich played an active role in the ’08 economic crash. When the stock market crashed in 2008, only one investment firm got left with empty hands after Congress bailed out all the others. That’s because Lehman Brothers’ $600 billion burden from risky real estate scams was so huge, there simply wasn’t enough money for the Federal Reserve to do anything about it. And who was managing director of Lehman Brothers’ investments? That’s right – John Kasich. And he pocketed $1.1 million for himself in that same year the firm blew away everyone else’s savings.
    John Kasich allowed 45000 Muslims into Ohio, and rewarded them with free apartments, welfare, and medical and cash payments as he continuous his pandering to illegal aliens and following the same agenda as King Obama, Hilary Clinton. In addition he had $200.000 dollars contributed to his campaign by George Soros, a self admitted extreme Socialist. Kasich supported by Goldman-Sachs, Sharia Compliant LOANS that are a threat to the Constitution and our Republic. Kasich ‘YES’ on a Bill Clinton bill in 1994 Gun ban. In August 2015 Kasich said’ I’m fine with ABORTION, as it is the law. He also supported ‘Obamacare’ in the state of Ohio, including his support of Common Core and also closing down military bases.

WE SHOULD CHECK OUT JOHN KASICH’S WATERGATE SCANDAL: In Ohio John Kasich was caught by a Real Estate Broker Pirating Thousands of Family Homes. To cover it up State of Ohio Officials have Suppressed Evidence and a denied Trial, Unknown persons tampered With Court Records and thereby obstructed Justice & Conspired in Felonies to favor a Mega-Bank tied to Kasich in an attempt to prevent exposure of Statewide Public Corruption.

KASICH APPROVED OF NAFTA (MEXICO) THAT IS DRAINING OFF OUR AUTO MANUFACTURING, STEEL INDUSTRY, AND THOUSAND OF JOBS AND COMPANIES AND THAT HAVE NOW VANISHED.

Ohio lost 112,500 jobs due to Kasich trade opportunity with the Transpacific Partnership (TPP) countries owing to KASICH interaction.

CRUZ, RUBIO, KASICH, BERNIE SANDERS, AND HILLARY CLINTON ARE VERY WEAK ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, NONE OF THEM ARE GOING TO BUILD A TOWERING WALL OR IMPLEMENT MANDATORY E-VERIFY. THE DOORS TO AMERICA TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION WILL REMAIN WIDE OPEN AND THE DRUGS, CRIMINALS, TERRORISTS WILL CONTINUE TO POUR IN, AND PRESIDENT OBAMA AND THE GOP ESTABLISHMENT WILL KEEP THERE CHEAP LABOR TO STEAL YOUR JOBS, AND THE LEFTISTS WILL OVERPOWER ANY OTHER PARTY WITH DEMOCRATIC VOTERS–LEGAL OR ILLEGAL?

Sen. Rubio is heavily on the mind, because he was a member of the Gang of Eight and passing illegal alien amnesty.

ANY OF THE NOMINEES TO PRESIDENT ONLY CARE ABOUT KEEPING THEIR MONEY COMING FROM THE CORPORATE AND INDUSTRIAL BIG PAYERS. THE DEMOCRATS UNDER OBAMA HAVE SEALED THE FATE OF FOSSIL FUELS AND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY. ALSO OBAMA IS TRYING FOR US TO MERGE WITH UNITED NATIONS, EVEN OUR WANT OUR OCEAN RIGHTS,

TRUMP LOVES AMERICA AND CAME OUT OF LUXURY SITUATION, TO SPEND HIS TIME OF FIGHTING FOR ALL AMERICANS AGAINST THE SAME OLD RHETORIC AND PROMISES THAT NEVER MATERIALIZE. HE WANTS A BETTER LIFE FOR EVERY CITIZEN AND LAWFUL IMMIGRANT NO MATTER WHETHER THEIR ETHNIC BACKGROUND, RELIGION, CREED OR WORKING TO SURVIVE IN A POOR WAGE ENVIRONMENT, SO EVERY GETS A CHANCE TO BUILD A NEW AMERICA.

KASICH: Approved Common core TRUMP: End Common Core
    More job outsourcing. Hire Americans
    More Trade imbalances End Trade Imbalances
    More illegal workers Build the Wall between the US & Mexico
    Massive Defense Cuts Rebuild the Military.
    Super PAC’s & Special Interests First. Voters First.
    More Muslim Immigration. Pause Muslim Immigration.