Campus Crime Logs: April 18-24

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from April 18 to April 24.

Assault at 590 Commonwealth Ave.

Officers responded to Metcalf Science Center April 18 at 3:09 a.m. to conduct a well-being check on a female student. Officers located the party in the basement and noticed that she was crying and was accompanied by a male student. The female party stated that she had been assaulted and held in the basement against her will by the male party, who officers placed under arrest.  

Medical assist at Buswell Street

Officers were contacted by the BU Student Health Services Behavioral Medicine department for a well-being check April 19 at 11:24 a.m. Upon arrival at Buswell Street, officers met with a male student who stated that he was suffering from depression and was then transported to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for further treatment.

Attempted suicide at 700 Commonwealth Ave.

Officers responded to a report of a female student who had overdosed on medication at Warren Towers April 19 at 7:10 p.m. The victim was transported to the Beth Israel Hospital for further treatment.

Theft at 881 Commonwealth Ave.

A female student reported April 20 at 11:19 a.m. that her backpack was stolen from room 331 at the SHS building.

Marijuana possession at 275 Babcock St.

Officers responded to a group of people smoking marijuana at Sleeper Hall April 20 at 7:35 p.m. The party was issued a civil citation for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.

Medical assist at 273 Babcock St.

Officers responded Friday at 3:46 a.m. to reports of a female student at Claflin Hall who had fainted and hit her head. The victim was transported to Boston Children’s Hospital for further care.

Alcohol transport at 275 Babcock St.

Officers responded to reports of an intoxicated male student in the Residence Life Office of Sleeper Hall Saturday at 12:14 a.m. Residence Life staff reported that the party had entered the wrong room, and the victim was transported to the Boston Medical Center for further treatment.

Alcohol possession at 481 Commonwealth Ave.

Residence Life staff reported that they responded to a loud party at 481 Commonwealth Ave. and dispersed the party prior to officers’ arrival Saturday at 12:59 a.m. The resident of the room stated to the officers that he had hosted a party, and the incident will be handled through Judicial Affairs.

Medical Assist at 700 Commonwealth Ave.

Officers responded to the 16th floor of Warren Towers’ Shields Tower Saturday at 2:20 a.m. to reports of a male student who had passed out in the hallway. The student stated that he has sleep deprivation issues and fell asleep in the hallway. He declined to go to the hospital.

Medical assist at the Esplanade

Officers responded to reports of a student having suicidal thoughts at Storrow Drive Sunday at 11:22 p.m. The victim was transported to the Beth Israel Hospital for further care.