Suspicious cops on the fence about man

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Oct. 14 to Oct. 22.

BUPD responded to a man looking over the fence at the BU Children’s Center at 6:22 p.m. Oct. 14. The man turned out to be a Buildings and Grounds worker.

BACKPACK ATTACK

A caller reported his backpack stolen on the second floor of the George Sherman Union at 2:19 p.m. Oct. 15. The caller then reported that the thief came back and returned the backpack, which he had mistaken for his own.

A SMASHING GOOD TIME

A caller reported a group of people smashing ‘things’ at 830 Beacon St. at 10:21 p.m. Oct. 15. The caller did not know what the group was smashing. BUPD checked the area and found no property damaged.

IT’S A BLOODY ZOO IN HERE

A caller reported an 18-year-old who hit his head against the pole and was bleeding from the center of his head at Warren Towers at 9:26 p.m. Oct. 16.

DENIED

A caller reported a person cut her head when walking into a door at the Kenmore Classroom Building at 9:03 a.m. Oct. 17. BUPD declined service at the time.

IN HOT WATER

A caller reported that a man had hot water splashed on his face and was in pain at the BU Dental Health Center at 9:56 a.m. Oct. 17. BUPD called an ambulance.

BOSTON NOT-SO LEGAL

Callers reported they could see two men attempting to break into the back of Myles Standish Hall at 2:48 a.m. Oct. 18.

HOUSEWARMING GRAFFITI

A caller reported graffiti on his front door at 71 Bay State Road at 5:08 p.m. Oct. 20. He said he noticed it after returning from being away for a few days and notified Building and Grounds Services, which was going to paint over it. Officials later noticed another door at 65 Bay State Road with graffiti.

GOING TO THE DOGS

A caller reported a car alarm going off and someone inside the car under the dashboard outside a Dunkin’ Donuts at 1020 Commonwealth Avenue at 12:38 a.m. Oct. 21. BUPD investigated the car and found a dog inside.

STAND UNDER MY UMBRELLA’ . . . ELLA . . . ELLA

BUPD responded to a man taking an umbrella and running out the door of the BU Barnes & Noble at 5:06 p.m. Oct. 21. BUPD advised security to review the security tape.

CLEAN FREAKS

A caller reported two men who entered Sleeper Hall and ripped the soap dispenser off the wall, ran out the door and jumped into a car at 10:40 p.m. Oct. 21.