Between the Lines: Feb. 4 will remain a historical day

Feb. 4, 2018, is a day that will be remembered forever.

Not only did we find out that Kylie Jenner had given birth, but we also found out Eli Manning is not the only one who can take down Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.

Despite the internet saying Eli’s “Dirty Dancing” ad was the real winner of the Super Bowl, Nick Foles and the Philadelphia Eagles were the actual ones to take down the New England Patriots in a game that had it all.

Pink spat out her cough drop and performed the national anthem with the flu in her best attempt to top Michael Jordan’s “Flu Game.” Meanwhile, our fearless leader Belichick decided it was a good time to tell Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler that he won’t be playing on defense.

The man who sealed one of the craziest Super Bowl wins of all time and who has played on 97 percent of the team’s defensive snaps just got benched — cut to Butler crying on the sidelines.

That puts Eric Rowe into the starting lineup and to nobody’s surprise, which didn’t work out well.

As the first half started, we got all kinds of excitement that only football can bring.

Brandin Cooks tried to hurdle a defender and ended up taking a helmet to his groin, becoming instant joke material on Twitter.

Cooks, then, in the opposite of joke material, took an extremely serious hit to his head from Malcolm Jenkins and was immediately ruled out for the game.

Then a missed extra point and then a missed field goal reminded us that the curse of Blair Walsh is still haunting every kicker in Minnesota.

And before we know it, it’s halftime, when everyone in America was ready to hear Justin Timberlake perform. And I guess that sort of happened, despite having massive audio issues throughout his performance.

But as any good performer would do, he kept the show going, only to make his way into the crowd to be upstaged by new internet meme Super Bowl “selfie kid.”

Audio issues weren’t the only technical problem during Super Bowl LII either, as screens across the country went black for 26 seconds in the second quarter.

Come on NBC, it’s the Super Bowl. Get it together. When a 30-second advertisement costs five million dollars, you can’t let the feed go out for that long.

After “selfie kid” took over the internet, we were back to football and in classic Patriots fashion, they started to mount a late comeback.

For New England fans, we have seen this movie before. There is no reason to believe Brady won’t pull this one out too. Right?

Brady might not be able to catch as well as Foles, but he sure can throw, racking up 505 yards passing and that’s all we need, right?

Wrong.

It looked like the NBA All-Star Game out there: no defense.

The classic Patriots “bend-but-don’t-break” defense broke in the most important game of the year.

And by the end of the game, the Patriots had broken yet another record. Six hundred-plus yards of total offense and lost the game.

There are many places to point the blame in New England after this loss, but in the end, the Patriots were just flat out outplayed by a more complete team.

This Super Bowl was a turning point. The Changing of the Guard in the NFL just took place right in front of our eyes; we just haven’t processed it yet.

Because whether it’s additional Kardashians, fresh internet memes or new Super Bowl champions, it’s hard to take in all that is being thrown at us on crazy days like Feb. 4.

1. Changing of the guard indeed! Fly Eagles Fly baby!!