Revamped Dunkin’ location celebrates opening at Buick Street

The new Dunkin’ located at 10 Buick St. had a grand reopening ceremony Thursday. AUDREY MARTIN/ DFP STAFF

The Dunkin’ location in Buick Street Market had its grand reopening Thursday, which included a ribbon-cutting ceremony, giveaways of free drinks and Dunkin’ merchandise. This is the first renovated Dunkin’ location on campus and is part of the company’s larger plan to refresh its brand identity.

Brynn Sandy, who works for RF Binder, the PR Agency that represents Dunkin’, wrote in a press release the company was proud to open a new, rebranded restaurant in Boston University’s West Campus.

This location is one of 30 Boston restaurants that have been transformed as part of an unprecedented, multi-million dollar investment to bring guests an in-store experience offering greater speed, convenience, customization and variety of innovative products to keep Boston running on Dunkin’,” she wrote in the statement.

The ribbon-cutting ceremony was held at 11:30 a.m., and from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. the store offered free samples including espresso drinks and donuts, as well as Dunkin’ branded gear, to students.

“They gave me a free bagel,” said Sophie Kreytak, a junior in the Questrom School of Business. “It was nice.”

Gracie Abdalla, a freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences, said she is excited that the updated location is one close to her.

“I really like the new location for Dunkin’,” Abdalla said. “I live in West Campus, so it’s convenient when I want to grab a coffee in the morning or want to grab a snack when I am studying in the StuVi I basement.”

Katie Hartford, a freshman in the College of General Studies, also said she is a fan of the Dunkin’ location.

“I go there every day with my friends, and the coffee is always so good,” Hartford said. “I love how convenient it is.”

Correction: A previous version of this article misstated Brynn Sandy’s position. The article has been updated to reflect these changes.