Several transported for MarMon drunkenness

An ambulance parked outside the emergency room entrance at Boston Medical Center. SOPHIE PARK/ DFP STAFF

The Boston University Police Department saw an expected increase in incidents on Monday, the day of the Boston Marathon during which classes were cancelled. There were several incidents of intoxication that warranted a response from BUPD.

Just before 12:30 p.m., a well-being check was called in for a “distraught party carrying one shoe” walking in the area of 915 Commonwealth Ave. A person was transported to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Brighton.

Just before 1 p.m., a Residence Assistant reported an intoxicated female in the area around Claflin Hall. A person was transported to Boston Medical Center.

A few minutes later, a noise complaint was made for a large party playing drinking games at 53 Bay State Road. The group was “orderly” when police arrived and was asked to move.

Around 2:20 p.m., a male party was reported laid out on the sidewalk near Case Athletic Center in West Campus. The male was transported to St. Elizabeth’s.

About an hour later at 3:30 p.m., an intoxicated party was reported at StuVi II. BUPD units searched the area “to no avail.”

A female was transported to BMC on suspicion of drunkenness around 6:45 p.m at StuVi I.

Just after 7 p.m., a drunken male was reported on the train tracks in front of Warren Towers by a resident assistant. The male reportedly said he said he was “just looking for the train.”

At 7:39 p.m. at 37 Pilgrim Road in the Fenway Campus, a caller reported a group drinking and smoking in the first floor lounge. The investigation resulted in a court summons for a person under 21 in possession of liquor.

Around 7:50 p.m., a caller reported a strong odor of what was believed to be marijuana coming from the second floor of 14 Buswell St. in South Campus. A BUPD officer detected a faint odor of marijuana but was unable to determine its source.

BU spokesperson Colin Riley said Marathon Monday “was a busy day,” but that BUPD was prepared for all that they had to deal with.

“There was a lot of activity, but nothing I think that we didn’t anticipate,” Riley said. “[It was] similar to what we experienced the other previous years when there’s good weather.”