Mike’s Pastry, other Boston classics join new West End food hall

The Italian sub at Monica’s Mercato, one of the few vendors officially announced to be featured in the West End Hub Hall set to open this winter. COURTESY OF DPA COMMUNICATIONS

A new West End food hall set to open this winter near TD Garden will feature 18 vendors, including Boston classics Mike’s Pastry, Monica’s Mercato and Sullivan’s Castle Island, according to a press release by Patina Restaurant Group, which is managing the project.

The new food hall, called Hub Hall, will be located in The Hub on Causeway, a new development currently under construction at 80 Causeway St. near the North Station T stop, according to the press release. The space will be over 16,000 square feet, with a variety of vendors, from Boston favorites to completely new restaurants from “notable chefs.”

“Whether arriving or departing North Station, taking in a game or concert, or just exploring the neighborhood, Hub Hall will be an authentically Boston dining destination for all ages,” the press release states. “Hub Hall will truly prove to be the food hall that satiates Boston’s appetite and lives up to its tagline, ‘Boston Eats Here.’”

So far, Mike’s Pastry, Monica’s Mercato and Sullivan’s Castle Island are the only vendors that have been officially announced by Patina Restaurant Group.

Mike’s Pastry has been a staple of the North End since it opened in 1946. Their famous cannolis attract tourists from all over the world.

“Mike’s newest location at Hub Hall, conveniently located adjacent to the North Station commuter rail, will make bringing treats home and to loved ones that much easier,” the press release states.

Monica’s Mercato is another North End staple known for its Italian sandwiches. Its location in Hub Hall will be the first location of Monica’s Mercato outside of the North End, according to the press release.

Sullivan’s Castle Island started in 1951 as a concession stand on Castle Island in South Boston, according to their website. Now in a brick building at the same location, Sullivan’s continues to sell quality food at affordable prices.

“Sullivan’s in Hub Hall will give customers a taste of New England summer all year long,” the press release states.

“Patina Restaurant Group is pleased to announce the first three vendors coming to Hub Hall,” the press release states. “These family-owned Boston businesses bring over 150 years of authentic service and thoughtful handmade cuisine to Hub Hall.”

Joel Lau contributed to the reporting of this article.