City crime logs: February 16-17

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department Headquarters from Feb. 16-17.

Death in Brighton
At around 7:30 a.m. Monday, an officer responded to a radio call for an unconscious man in Brighton. Boston firefighters were on the scene performing CPR on the elderly victim when Boston Emergency Medical Services arrived to help attempt resuscitation. EMS ultimately determined the victim was non-viable and the victim’s next of kin was notified.

Car Accident in Brighton
Officers responded Monday morning to a call about a motor vehicle accident. The suspect claimed that, while avoiding oncoming traffic, they had moved over and side-swiped a parked vehicle, pushing it forward into a third car. The suspect could not produce vehicle registration or valid proof of insurance and grew increasingly disoriented. The suspect was cited for an unregistered motor vehicle and transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital for further evaluation.

Altercation in Allston
Around midnight Sunday night, Brighton police responded to a report of an assault outside of Garage Boston in Allston. The victim claimed the attacker was with two other people. The victim also alleged she already had a restraining order against the suspect. According to the victim, the three attackers began their assault after shouting insults at her. The victim’s friends and Garage Boston security eventually broke up the fight.