Campus Crime Logs: Jan. 26 – 30

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department’s crime logs from Jan. 26-30.

BUPD
The Boston University Police Department station. ANNALYN KUMAR/DFP FILE

Bicycle theft at 920 Commonwealth Ave.

Brookline police reported the attempted theft of a bike in progress on Jan. 30, at 7:05 p.m.

BUPD, along with Boston and Brookline police, checked the area but were unable to locate the suspect.

Suspicious person at 65 Bay State Rd.

A caller reported a parked white car with an individual in the passenger seat wearing all black with a hoodie around 3:03 a.m on Jan. 29. The caller reported seeing what might have been a flame being lit on and off inside the vehicle.

A BUPD officer arrived at the scene and saw a car that might have been the one in question leaving the area.

Intoxicated party at 277 Babcock St.

A Jan. 29 caller reported three individuals possibly intoxicated in the stall of a men’s restroom at 277 Babcock Street. BUPD’s Armstrong ambulance was notified and transported one affiliate to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center.

Parking complaints at 278 Babcock St.

Multiple callers stated the parking gates at New Balance Field would not open at 10:00 p.m. on Jan. 27. One caller stated that the party answering the intercom was refusing to open the gate. The parking supervisor was notified and BUPD officers were sent to control traffic in the meantime and keep the peace.

Fire alarm at 100 Bay State Rd.

A fire alarm was set off at 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 29. The alarm was caused by burnt food, according to the Boston Fire Department.

Medical emergency at 531 Beacon St.

On Jan. 28, BU Residence Life reported a party with a hand laceration, stating that the party had accidentally injured themself with a knife. BPD were also on the scene. The party was transported to Brigham and Women’s Hospital at 75 Francis Street by Boston Emergency Medical Services.

The party was a minor not affiliated with Boston University. The party’s parents were notified.

Suspicious person at 665 Commonwealth Ave.

A caller reported someone at 3:58 p.m. on Jan. 27 parked outside who appeared to be setting up a drone. A BUPD officer reported that the person was a licensed drone pilot operating for a contractor.

Unwanted Person at 73 Bay State Rd. and 521 Beacon St. 

At 7:01 a.m., a caller reported a homeless male on Jan. 26 sleeping in the vestibule of 73 Bay State Rd., blocking the door. BUPD removed the party. 

Around an hour later on the same day, a caller said that a homeless male was sleeping in the lobby of 521 Beacon St. The party was removed and warned by BUPD.

Whether the parties at two locations were the same person is unconfirmed.