Campus Crime Logs: Feb. 8 – 14

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department’s crime logs from Feb. 8 – 14.

BUPD
The Boston University Police Department station. Incidents this week include a narcotics investigation, harassment, unwanted person, indecent exposure, destruction of property, breaking and entering, a suspicious person, a hit pedestrian and defaced property. AMANDA CUCCINIELLO/DFP STAFF

Narcotics Investigation at 121 Dummer St.

A caller reported two people in a garage allegedly smoking marijuana and doing other drugs at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 8. When BUPD officers arrived, the parties in the garage were gone.

Harassment at 100 Bay State Rd. 

On Feb. 9 at 9:24 a.m., a BU employee said she has been getting increasingly aggressive emails from an alumni that she does not know. The emails were received between Dec. 27 and Feb. 9.

Unwanted Person at 700 Commonwealth Ave.

A facilities manager called at 3:03 p.m. on Feb. 9 about a homeless man harassing students. The facilities manager stated the homeless man may be on drugs. The facilities manager asked him to leave, and he would not.

Indecent Exposure at BU Central/775 Commonwealth Ave.

A caller reported a man wearing a gray beanie and dark jacket exposing himself to people on Feb. 9 at 10:30 p.m. MBTA Police were notified via the Boston Area Police Emergency Radio Network. BUPD units canvassed the area but were unable to locate the man.

Destruction of Property and Hazardous Condition at Dummer St. 

A man who works for BU reported damage in a parking garage to a brick wall in front of the garage on Feb. 10 at 2:02 p.m. Officers believed the damage to the wall appeared to be a hit and run from a car the previous night. 

Brookline Police Department responded to the report of a wall that was crumbling at 121 Drummer St. at 6:48 p.m. on Feb. 11. Brookline Fire also responded and notified the building inspector. The garage was closed off from incoming and outgoing traffic while OFMP and SIS management responded. A BUPD officer reported two vehicles were damaged by falling cement in the garage. Traffic was eventually allowed to exit the garage, but additional cars were not allowed in.

Breaking & Entering Alarm at 775 Commonwealth Ave. 

A breaking and entering alarm went off on the third floor of 775 Commonwealth Ave. at 11:52 p.m. on Feb. 10. All doors to the third floor were locked. Facilities helped officers get to the third floor and look around before locking up after.

Suspicious Person at 158 Bay State Rd.

On Feb. 11 at 11:40 p.m., a caller reported hearing someone banging on doors and yelling inside the building. The caller was unable to give an exact location or description. A BUPD officer made contact with a party who explained that they were just playing video games and had gotten a little too excited. The party promised to keep the noise down.

Hit Pedestrian at 915 Commonwealth Ave.

A party stated that he was hit by a man on an electric scooter sometime between 2:30 p.m. and 2:40 p.m. on Feb. 13. BUPD’s Armstrong ambulance responded to the scene.

Deface Property at Multiple Locations

On Feb. 14, graffiti was reported at 700 Commonwealth Ave., 275 Babcock St. and 771 Commonwealth Ave. The graffiti appeared at these locations between 3:00 p.m. on Feb. 13 and 10:33 a.m. on Feb. 14. Facilities said that the graffiti on the side of the building at 771 Commonwealth Ave. said “we are proud of you.”