Onsite: LazyStudents.com

Twelve-page research paper due Monday, an exam on Tuesday, a group project on Wednesday – not enough hours in the day?

You may not be able to add time, but you can save some.

LazyStudents.com tries to make the life of a college student a little easier. For a fee, LazyStudents will perform custom research for any paper topic requested, as well as provide students online access to information. LazyStudents.com does not, however, write papers for students.

“We do custom research to get sources for students to write their own papers,” said Matt Aronowitz, head of business development for LazyStudents.com. “Our researchers photocopy things out of books, use databases and provide links to other sources. We search for the best possible information. It’s a personal thing.”

Users simply tell LazyStudents their assignment and length, grade level, due date, as well as the number of sources needed. The dot-com then performs initial research and e-mails users a quoted price for the full research.

According to Aronowitz, the cost for the custom research ranges anywhere from $30 to $300. The time needed for LazyStudents to gather the research depends on the topic.

“Time depends on the scarcity of the topic, when the paper is due and if we already have the research for the topic,” Aronowitz said. “For example, gun control is a topic that has been done over and over so the research is already done.”

On average, students should anticipate three business days for their research, but Aronowitz said, there are always exceptions.

“It depends on how busy we are, the time of the year,” he said. “We have a limited number of researchers.”

LazyStudents researchers include teachers, attorneys and college students.

Once LazyStudents gathers the research, students write the paper. Once the paper is written, users then have the option of sending it back to LazyStudents, who will type, proofread and spell-check it. The dot-com then sends the paper back to the students within 24 hours.

Besides performing custom research, LazyStudents features the Ultimate Student Hyper List, which provides students with access to more than 50,000 term papers, book reports, research papers and dissertations written by both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as by professors. For $19.95, students receive lifetime membership, access to the papers, which have been accumulated over three years, and links to academic websites.

“It is hard to plagiarize these papers because they’re so readily available,” Aronowitz said. “Students would easily get caught.”

In addition, LazyStudents provides users with free e-mail and features a Campus Mall, a one-stop shop for anything college students may need, be it dorm items or last minute gifts for friends.

“We provide stuff students need for college – door beads, inflatable chairs, and other dorm materials – at competitive prices,” Aronowitz said.

Founded in 1998 by law student Andrew Hazen, who began performing research for a few students, LazyStudents quickly grew to its current size. According to Aronowitz, LazyStudents.com receives on average 10 research requests per day.