Movers and shakers

Just in time for the insanity of end-of-semester moving, Mover-2-Go will offer Boston University students help in packing their belongings and moving them out of their dorms. Established in 1998, the company started at the University of Hartford and is now expanding to Boston-area colleges after serving schools in Connecticut, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. This student-run moving company provides a more affordable option for students by charging between $24.99 and $29.99 as starting prices. Students may also be able to earn some extra money working with the company because it hires mainly college and high school students.

This company would provide a great service to BU students who have to struggle to leave their dorms by BU’s drop-dead move-out times after Commencement. Because the days following final exams are usually angst-filled for students who are preparing to leave their dorms, this service would alleviate some stress and anxiety.

It would also relieve some of the traffic and congestion of huge moving trucks and parents’ vans on campus during those moving days. With all the craziness that moving out brings to the BU campus, anything to calm the madness would be appreciated and welcomed.

Knowing that moving can be such a hassle for students, BU should have made the process easier for students by contracting with moving companies to offer their services to students at a discounted rate. With such a large student population moving out over the course of such a few days, the school should have given students some assistance in moving, especially for students who work on campus during the summer. Since these students are dedicating their summer to working for the University, BU could at least offer these students a more convenient way to move from their school-year dorms to their on-campus summer residences.

Way to Mover-2-Go for making the moving process easier for students.