Boston College student killed by drunk driver

The following reports were taken from last week’s District 14 crime logs.

A Brighton man allegedly fatally struck a Boston College student Sunday at about 1:50 a.m. on the corner of Commonwealth Avenue and Chiswick Road before fleeing the scene outbound on Commonwealth Avenue.

About 20 minutes after the accident an officer reported to Park Vale Avenue, the address the vehicle was registered to. He found the driver exiting the vehicle, which was visibly damaged by an accident.

According to police reports, the officer approached the suspect and found him to be displaying signs of intoxication. He reportedly slurred his speech and his eyes had a glossy appearance. The officer allegedly smelled a strong odor of alcohol on the suspects’ breath.

The officer arrested Michael Gladunov, 20, of Brighton, for operating under the influence.

Gladunov was arraigned yesterday at Suffolk County Courthouse after pleading not guilty on charges of motor vehicle homicide and leaving the scene of an accident after causing death.

The judge ordered him to be held with a bail of $7,500. A pretrial date has been set for April 17.

PRESCRIPTION DRUGS COST TOO MUCH

Police are looking for three suspects in an armed assault that occurred Friday at the Brooks Pharmacy at 399 Market St.

Officers reported to the scene of the alleged assault at about 8:40 p.m. and talked to witnesses. According to reports, the male suspects entered the store armed with handguns.

Two of the suspects allegedly went to the back of the store while the other suspect reportedly held the two cashiers and two customers at gunpoint with a silver handgun, ordering them to the rear of the store. The four were allegedly instructed to lay on the floor and not look up.

The other two suspects reportedly approached the pharmacist and one allegedly said, “Open the safe and give me all the OxyContin, or I’ll blow your head off.”

When the pharmacist opened the safe, the suspects allegedly ordered him to lie on the floor and proceeded to empty all the controlled narcotics into a plastic bag.

All three suspects fled the scene out the back of the store onto Surrey Street.

Police reportedly found the suspects’ vehicle at Parsons and Bennett streets. Upon investigation, alleged damage, including a popped ignition and a popped left front door lock, was discovered and police ordered the vehicle be towed to District 14.

According to reports, the gray Dodge sedan was reported stolen in Somerville on March 29.

The suspects have not yet been apprehended.

THE THREE R’S: READIN’, RITIN’ AND RESISTIN’ ARREST

A Brighton High School student was arrested for assault and battery of a police officer March 27 during school.

According to reports, an officer responded to the school cafeteria and approached the suspect, wearing a baseball cap and bandanna on his head. He allegedly ran out of the cafeteria and down the hall chased by officer and school disciplinary. When apprehended, the officer reportedly asked the suspect to remove his hat and bandanna.

Ten minutes later, the officer reportedly noticed the suspect wearing the hat and bandanna again. According to reports, he approached the suspect again. The suspects allegedly became disruptive and abusive toward the officers.

The officer called all the police units in the school for assistance, and the suspect was placed under arrest.

According to police reports, the officer suffered cuts to his left pinkie finger and left leg shin area. The suspect’s parents were notified.

In an unrelated incident, another student was arrested at Brighton High on March 28 for assault and battery of a police officer after allegedly causing a disturbance at the newly instated metal detectors.

According to police reports, the officer witnessed the suspect yelling during the metal detector search. When the suspect refused to cease the disruption after several requests by a school official, he was allegedly ordered to leave the building.

The officers attempted to escort the suspect off school property when he continued to yell and draw a crowd. The suspect reportedly pushed the officers and wildly swung his book bag.

While informing the suspect of his arrest, the officers continued to control the resisting suspect with the help of other officers.

CAN I COME IN?

Police arrested a Massachusetts man Saturday after responding to a report of a male breaking and entering the basement window of a Brighton apartment building.

When officers arrived at the scene, they reportedly observed the suspect standing on a cabinet and kicking a door in an attempt to enter an apartment. According to reports, the officers entered the building and attempted to arrest the suspect. He reportedly tried resisting the arrest by kicking and punching the officers.

Police placed Elmer Serrano, 22, under arrest for breaking and entering a residence and took him to District 14 for booking.

GUNSLINGER

A Quincy man was arrested for possession of a firearm in front of 5 North Beacon St. Saturday after a dispute in front of his vehicle.

Officers arrived at the scene and ordered the suspect out of his vehicle. After frisking the suspect, an officer allegedly found two guns loaded with several rounds of ammunition each. The suspect reportedly produced a license to carry firearms issued from Quincy.

According to a witness, the suspect revealed and motioned to one of his guns during the traffic dispute.

Police arrested the man, Bei Xiang Wu, 40, for firearm possession after confiscating both of his guns. His vehicle was left in possession of the Charles Kitchen Restaurant owner and searched by police with negative results.