Unwarranted self-righteousness from Smith

After reading Andy Smith’s column (“Dubya explores his powerful toys,” Sept. 23, pg. 11 ) I couldn’t help but scratch my head. What I don’t understand is for an article where you bash a perceived American ignorance and arrogance, you show the exact same attributes.

I would like to know exactly what you mean when you call your column “The Sherpa’s Second Serve.” At first I thought there was another meaning to the word Sherpa. But after checking the Webster’s Dictionary and Google, I can’t find any. The meaning I can find is an ethnic group from Nepal. If you mean something else please explain. Without that explanation, it looks like you have included in your column name a comment on a particular ethnic group. What would your column name have looked like if you used something else like Arab, Jew or black? Did you do this out of ignorance or arrogance?

I personally do not believe in American political correctness, but if you want to say something regarding people from my country, I would like to know what it is you are trying to say. Throughout your article you have a rather self-righteous tone. For someone who thinks he knows so much about world affairs, I would expect you to see that your column name — which has nothing to do with the content of the article I might add — offends millions of people on the other side of the world. No, I don’t expect you to care or do anything about it, just pointing out your hypocrisy.