Where the wins are

The Boston University women’s basketball team extended its home winning streak to 15 games last night, routing Brown University, 81-54, at Case Gymnasium.

Senior co-captain Christine Kinneary led all scorers with 18 points. She also grabbed five boards and dished out eight assists. Kinneary drove the lane with ease against Brown’s (1-6) man-to-man defense, making easy layups and finding open shooters all night.’

Fellow seniors Kristi Dini and Jesyka Burks-Wiley also scored in double figures with 16 and 14 points, respectively.

Dini went 4-for-7 from beyond the arc, accounting for 12 of her 16 points. Her back-to-back 3-pointers within the first two minutes of the game gave the Terriers (4-4) an 8-0 lead to set the tone for the rest of the contest.

‘When Dini brings her hands and feet to the defensive end, her game is elevated on the offensive end,’ BU coach Kelly Greenberg said.

Sophomore forward Kerry Cashman recorded her highest point total of the season (9) off the bench and was a force on the glass with a career-high 10 boards. She also finished with three blocks.’

Junior Aly Hinton, who continues to progress after offseason knee surgery, got the starting nod and responded with seven points and a steal.

‘[Hinton] is still coming along,’ Greenberg said. ‘Physically, she still hurts out there. If she can be 100 percent by America East [play], we will be very happy.’

The Terrier bench racked up 22 points. Freshman Caroline Stewart and sophomore Kat Briggs tallied five and three points, respectively, and combined for three steals. Briggs got involved early, knocking down a 3-pointer three minutes into the game. Both players saw almost 20 minutes of playing time and have emerged as valuable role players.

‘Both of them are blue-collar workers,’ Greenberg said. ‘They’re giving themselves an opportunity to get more minutes. Our goal is to have a deep, strong bench.’

The Terriers ‘-‘- who were coming off two straight losses ‘-‘- applied pressure early and often with what Greenberg called the ‘red press,’ a man-to-man coverage that forced 21 turnovers.

At the halfway point of the first half, BU found itself up by 23 points and held a 30-point lead going into the locker room. The Terriers forced 17 of their 21 turnovers in the first half ‘-‘- accounting for 27 points. They owned the offensive glass, out-rebounding Brown 9-1 in the first half.

Just before the end of the half, Cashman put BU ahead 44-15 when she converted a 3-point play after sinking a layup while being fouled.

Brown managed to outscore BU in the second half, 34-31, but the deficit was too large to overcome.

Kinneary continued to drive to the basket aggressively and converted several contested shots in the lane. At 15:30, she put the Terriers up 61-28 by knocking down a jumper from the free throw line while being shoved to the floor.

Freshman guard Alex Young scored all five of her points in a two-minute span ‘-‘- knocking down a jumper from the elbow and a 3-pointer that put the Terriers up 76-43 with just more than seven minutes remaining in the game.’

Dini continued her 3-point assault, nailing her final rainmaker with 4:15 remaining and put BU ahead, 81-47.

BU finished the game with a 44-37 rebounding advantage and shot 35 percent from beyond the arc.