Yuppies gone wild

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from Nov. 24 to Dec. 7.

Police responded to reports of a loud party at about 2:18 a.m. Dec. 7. On arrival, police heard loud music and screams and spoke with a woman who appeared to be intoxicated and said she was responsible for the party. The woman promised to have everyone leave the party, and officers said they would stay until all guests had left. About 10 minutes later, the woman came outside to tell police she would turn off the music, but everyone was staying. Because the officer could still hear loud talking and laughter from where he was on the street, he told the woman everyone had to leave. The woman claimed she was ‘having a big sleepover,’ and repeatedly refused to end the party. Eventually, guests came outside and started arguing with the officers. Police arrested the woman and several partygoers who refused to leave – all between the ages of 28 and 34 – for disturbing the peace and one man for interception of wire and oral communication because he planned ‘to record everything’ with his cell phone.’

I DON’T EVEN LIKE JELLY

Police responded to reports of a domestic disturbance at about 11:20 p.m. Nov. 26. On arrival, officers found a man and a woman in ‘a screaming contest’ outside an apartment building. The man had a cut in his right palm and told police, ‘My girlfriend just threw Clorox bleach all over me.’ The officers separated the couple and learned that the fight had started in the apartment they shared over the placement of food in the kitchen. They started pushing each other, the woman picked up a knife and cut her boyfriend as he tried to disarm her. The woman then threw bleach on the man, and as the fight escalated, threw his belongings in the driveway. They continued arguing until police, called by neighbors, arrived on the scene. An ambulance treated the man on site and officers arrested the woman for assault and battery with deadly weapons – the bleach and knife – and transported her to the police station for booking.

SMOKERS AND JOKERS

AND TOKERS

Police pulled over a vehicle for speeding in a residential area at about 12:16 a.m. Nov. 27. When officers approached the car and asked the driver for his license and registration, the driver handed over his registration, but not his license and said, ‘This is my mother’s car.’ After asking two more times, the driver gave the officer his license, which was suspended, and was arrested for operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license. Upon a legal search of the car, one officer found a glass pipe commonly used for smoking crack cocaine. The passenger of the vehicle, who had to put a finger to his throat to talk because he ‘had throat cancer,’ told the other officer he had a knife when the officer questioned him about the knife case on his belt. The officer noticed the passenger becoming increasingly nervous and asked him to get out of the car so he could retrieve the passenger’s knife. While conducting a pat frisk the officer felt an object in the passenger’s coat that he thought was contraband. The officer told the passenger ‘I thought you didn’t have anything,’ and the man said ‘I forgot I had a bag of weed.’ The officer conducted a further search and found a bag holding 19 individually wrapped bags of a white rocky substance. The passenger put a finger to his throat and said ‘you got me.’ Police arrested the passenger and charged him with possession of Class B and Class D drugs and failure to wear a seat belt. The driver was arrested and cited for speeding, failing to stop at a red light and driving on a suspended license.