Corey Lowe and John Holland combine for 62 to lead Terriers

Junior Corey Lowe has been the undisputed offensive leader of the Boston University men’s basketball team since his first game as a Terrier two years ago against George Washington University.

He’s crafted an impressive r’eacute;sum’eacute; of accomplishments that includes being five 3-pointers away from setting the school’s all-time record and ranking 19th on BU’s all-time scoring list with 12 games remaining in his junior season.

Lowe has practically run the gamut of achievements thus far in his career, with the exception of one recurring shortcoming ‘-‘- one that’s plagued the Terriers since he was a rookie: the inability to win close games.

It’s been a frustrating reality for BU coach Dennis Wolff and his team, as even yesterday, in the most thrilling game at Case Gymnasium in recent memory – a 99-97 quadruple overtime victory over Stony Brook University – it appeared as though BU might blow an 11-point second-half lead, especially when junior guard Muhammad El-Amin drained a highly-contested 3-pointer as time expired in regulation.

The Terriers held on, however, thanks to arguably the most impressive performances by Lowe and sophomore forward John Holland in the same game since they began playing with one another.