BU student hit by car on Comm. Ave.

Boston Police Department officers responded to a radio call that a pedestrian, who was a Boston University student had been hit by a motor vehicle near the intersection of Commonwealth Avenue and Harry Agganis Way around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, officers said.

The student’s name has not been released, and police are unaware of his current condition, Boston University Police Department Sgt. Jeffery Burke said. His injuries were not life-threatening.

‘They were considered minor injuries,’ Burke said.

The victim was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center complaining of pain in his leg.

The driver who alerted the police to the accident said she saw the victim run into the westbound traffic on Commonwealth and get hit by a car, cracking the car’s windshield and bouncing into the side rear panel of another car, according to BPD spokesman Officer Eddy Chrispin, said.

MBTA service was uninterrupted by the accident. Two BPD police cruisers, three BUPD cruisers, two fire trucks and an ambulance reported to the scene of the accident.

Daily Free Press staff reporter Chonel LaPorte contributed reporting to this article.