Alleged bank robber still at large

After the fifth Allston-Brighton bank robbery in ten days occurred Monday, the Boston Police Department is encouraging the public to submit tips to locate the alleged ‘Brighton Bank Robber,’ according to BPD’s blog.

A thin white male between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall in his 20s has been reported as a suspect in all five bank robberies from March 13 to March 23, according to the blog. In each instance, the suspect entered a bank, gave a teller a note and escaped on foot once he received stacks of bills.

The People’s Federal Savings Bank at 229 N. Harvard St. in Allston was the first to be robbed March 13, and was robbed again Saturday. According to March 21 police reports, the suspect handed the teller a note that said ‘GIVE ME THE MONEY, NO DYE PACKS!’ and asked for large bills and a stack of $10 bills.

The day before, a Citizens Bank at 2000 Beacon St. in Cleveland Circle reported a similar robbery. The suspect handed a teller a note and then asked for stacks of $100 and $20 bills.

The Sovereign Bank on 415 Market St. in Brighton has also been robbed twice, both Monday and March 14. The suspect has not been seen with a weapon, according to the police reports and the blog.

BPD spokesman David Estrada said anyone with information can contact the Boston division Bank Robbery Task Force, detectives or call operators on the anonymous tip line.

Staff reporter Crystal Rim contributed reporting to this article.