Letters to Editor, Opinion

LETTER: A computer lab plea

For the past week to two weeks, I have been hearing various rumors regarding the possible decision (by your office and the Office of Information Technology) to close ResNet labs. While each rumor has different twists, from 24-hour Mugar Memorial Library access to no on-campus computing (all students will be required to have a laptop and printer), they are all inherently rumors and are bound to be inaccurate.

I know these rumors are causing concern amongst the student population, and a statement needs to be released soon regarding the actual parameters of the decision-making conversation. I understand that BU Student Union is asking you and OIT’ ‘ ‘ ‘ to hold a town hall to answer student questions.

I urge you, President Brown, to accept the Union’s invitation and, in addition, to issue a statement before this town hall regarding the university’s current position and reasoning so that the discussion may be beneficial to all involved, and so members of the university community will at least be on the same page regarding the university’s stance on this issue and how to continue and participate in the conversation.

Roger Smitty

CAS ’12