Opinion

Editor’s Note

We’ve been hearing a lot of talk on campus about a story we ran in our first issue about The Daily Free Press’ financial situation (‘Free Press suffers financial shortfalls,’ p. 1). I’d just like to reiterate what I said in my first note: We at The Free Press are in this for the long run.’ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘

Our publication is like any other publication in this economy. We’re in this state of debt for a number of reasons; reasons that were set in motion before any of us even arrived at Boston University. No one reason is the cause for our troubles.

In that same strand, there are numerous reasons why we’ve stayed afloat. Since the financial report was released in June, Back Bay Publishing Co. has been working hard to make sure we’re still a viable business. Bankruptcy is no longer a threat, and BBP is solvent. Also crucial in our efforts to continue printing is Turley Publications. Despite our difficult financial situation, Turley continues to work with us, and we are grateful for the support.

BBP and Turley have never stopped believing in The Free Press. What we ask of you, the readers-the reason we’re up so late each night-is that you never stop as well. As I said in my first note, we are here for as long as you need us to be. Keep in mind that even without Friday print editions, we continue to publish online. Even if all our lifelines disappear, we are here to provide news and a voice for the student population for as long as we can still write.

So readers, keep on fighting the good fight. We’ll be here to document it.’ ‘

Vivian’ Ho

Editor-in-Chief

The Daily Free Press