No murder suspect yet identified for Harvard Avenue stabbing

Boston Police have still not identified the suspect involved in the Nov. 8 murder of Boston University Dining Services employee Gregory Phillips in Allston, though they are currently holding a potential connection to the incident in custody, officials said.

Twenty-three year old Corey Patterson of Dorchester, who was charged with accessory after the fact, was arrested when he returned to the crime scene to pick up a knife left behind. Officials said the knife may have been used in the stabbing and is undergoing forensic testing-though because of the number of people involved in the altercation, it is unclear who physically perpetrated the stabbing.

‘No additional charges have been made at this point,’ Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Jake Wark said. ‘The investigation remains very active.’

Phillips, 24, was stabbed to death on Harvard Avenue in Allston shortly before 2:30 a.m. Many BU students remembered him working in the Myles Standish Hall dining hall, The Daily Free Press reported Nov. 10.

Wark said Phillips suffered a fatal stab wound to the chest while he and his friends were involved in an altercation with another group of people after leaving Kells Restaurant at 161 Brighton Ave.

Patterson has twice been convicted of illegal possession of a firearm, according to a Nov. 10 Boston Globe article, and is being prosecuted in the Dorchester Municipal Court for possession and distribution of heroin in a school zone.

According to a statement by the DA’s office, Patterson’s bail on the drug case has been revoked, though he is currently being held with bail for the charge in the stabbing case.

‘He is set at $200,000 cash bail on the accessory charge, but he is also held without bail because he violated the terms of the bail for the unrelated case,’ Wark said.

Patterson is due back in Brighton Municipal Court on Dec. 18, according to the statement.