Citizens Bank in Kenmore Square robbed

The Citizens Bank in Kenmore Square was robbed Tuesday afternoon, marking the second bank robbery on the Boston University campus in about a month.

No injuries were reported and no weapons were involved in the robbery, Boston Police Department spokesman Joe Zanoli said. The incident at the bank, located at 560 Commonwealth Ave., occurred at about 4:30 p.m.

‘Officers were informed that the [bank] was robbed by a white man, 5-foot-8, medium build, with a black winter hat and black jacket,’ he said. ‘Officers learned this male passed a note demanding money, and the suspect received an undisclosed amount of money. He fled the bank on foot in an unknown direction.’

The suspect is still at large and the robbery is under investigation, Zanoli said.

Last month, University Credit Union, located at 846 Commonwealth Ave., was robbed. In that incident, the suspect, described as a black man with a mustache and a black ‘puffy’ coat, showed a handgun and demanded money from a teller, then fled on foot toward Kenmore Square, The Daily Free Press reported. BU students received emergency notifications of the robbery about an hour after it occurred.