Afternoon Delight

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department news blog from Jan. 30 to Feb. 8.

At the Finagle A Bagel at 129 Tremont St., employees awoke a man and a woman who had fallen asleep at the establishment at 4:55 p.m. on Feb. 8. Upon awakening, the man began screaming at the employees and threw a chair through one of the shop’s windows. Police located the man in the Burger King next door.

WAIT, I MEANT DON’T!

At a 4 p.m. on Feb. 3, officers served a search warrant on a car parked near Hancock Street and Howe Street. When the officers asked the car owner if he had any drugs, the man replied, “No. Search me.” They searched him and found several plastic bags of what looked like marijuana.

RUN AND HIT

At 145 Bunker Hill St. at 6:04 p.m. on Feb. 1, several officers in civilian clothes began speaking to a man who had just come out of a building. After a short while, the man said, “Oh, you’re not who I thought you were,” and when the officers began to show their badges, the suspect tugged a firearm from his waistband and ran off. The suspect didn’t stop until he ran into a parked car, at which point he dropped his firearm. The officers then searched him and found a long knife and a bag of heroin.

DUDE, THAT’S NOT MY PHONE

Near 22 Harvard St. on Feb. 2, an officer noticed three teenage boys surrounding a man on the ground at 6:55 p.m. When the officer appeared, the boys ran off and were eventually caught by the police. The officers searched the boys and found what looked like crack cocaine as well as a knife and a cell phone. One of the boys said the phone was his, but was unable to name any of the phone’s contacts. Finally he said, “It’s not my phone. We robbed it from the dude.”

NIGHTMARE AT THE ROXBURY

At the corner of Terrace Street and Tremont Street, officers responded to a robbery near Roxbury Crossing Station on Feb. 2 at 12:12 a.m. Victims said a man approached them and asked where they were from. After they responded “Boston,” the man pretended he was armed and said, “I’m from North Carolina and need money to get out of here!” He took their money and walked to the T.