Baby, You Can’t Drive My Car

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department news blog from Feb. 9 to Feb. 14.

At 10:15 a.m. on Feb. 9, officers responded to a call from 1617 Blue Hill Ave., where a woman alleged a man stole her car at gunpoint. In the Sovereign Bank nearby, witnesses described the suspect entering the bank several times prior to the crime, behaving in a suspicious manner while never approaching a teller. Officers later found the car abandoned in Milton and arrested the suspect while he was attempting to carjack another vehicle in Quincy.

ALL INN

At about 1:59 a.m. on Feb. 13 at the Holiday Inn on 280 Friend St., officers escorted two guests from the midrange hotel after the customers threw cans and bottles from their fifth story room. The two men appeared to be intoxicated as the officers told them that if they returned to the hotel, they would be arrested. A few hours later, the officers heard that one man had returned, they later found him sitting in a chair in the lobby.

STUCK ON VALENTINE’S

At 1 Hamilton Place on Feb. 14, police discovered a woman stuck in a crawl space at the Orpheum Theater at about 12:24 a.m. Her leg was wedged between a wall and a pipe. Emergency personnel were able to free the woman, but the building’s manager said the woman did not work there and that he was clueless as to why she was in the crawl space.

SPY LIKE A FLY

At 10:41 p.m. on Feb. 10, police responded to a robbery on 36 Norwell St. It was reported that a woman was standing at a bus stop at 152 Washington St. when five men beat her and took her cell phone. The robbers fled down the street to a parked black truck and drove off. Another man noticed the woman in distress, stopped his car and asked her if she needed help. She hopped in the vehicle and told him to follow the black truck. When a man exited the vehicle near Norwell Street, the man and woman watched the suspects until the cops’ arrival.

HOW TO SUCCEED IN FIVE EASY STEPS

Around 1870 Columbus Ave. on Feb. 14, a firefighter waved down officers at about 5:05 p.m. and told them a victim had entered the building claiming he had been robbed. The victim and the officers searched for the robbers by car, found the suspects quickly, chased them on foot, arrested them and returned the victim’s cell phone.