One dead in Saturday night Allston stabbing

One man was killed and four others injured in a stabbing inAllston-Brighton early Sunday morning.

Five men were stabbed at the intersection of Brighton and HarvardAvenues at 1:45 a.m. on Sunday, said Boston Police Department spokesman Joe Zanoli. After police from District D-14(Allston-Brighton) responded to the scene, all five victims weretransported to local hospitals.

Two of the victims reportedly suffered life-threatening wounds. A manin his early 20s was pronounced dead after arriving at Brigham andWomen’s Hospital. Another victim is still receiving medical treatment,and is in critical but stable condition, Zanoli said.

Michell Martinez, 23, of Allston was arrested after the incident. Hewas charged with murder, assault and battery, assault and battery bymeans of a dangerous weapon, resisting arrest and affray.

The stabbings occurred at the same intersection where BostonUniversity dining employee Gregory Phillips was stabbed to death inNovember.

Zanoli said the police are currently investigating thestabbings as an isolated incident and are looking into thecircumstances surrounding the crime.

“Right now we are just focusing on this incident and getting to thebottom of all the facts and circumstances surrounding it,” he said.