Campus

Halloween weekend events

By Staff Writer Dana Finley

On Campus

South Campus Haunted House

The South Campus Residence Life department organized a walk-through haunted house with lurking zombies at the South Campus Lounge for Friday from 7 p.m to 10 p.m. The haunted house, co-hosted by the South Campus Residence Hall Association and the Japanese Students Association, is open to all Boston University students who dorm. Admission is free.

Chi Phi Haunted Asylum

The second and third floors of the Student Activities Office will be turned into a Haunted Asylum for students to explore from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. The Haunted House, organized by the Chi Phi fraternity, will send its proceeds to The Jimmy Fund, which provides support and funds to research and treatment at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.

“If you are looking to get into the Halloween spirit then there is no better way than coming by to this great philanthropy event,” said Chi Phi Vice President Eddie Adams.

Adams said attendees can expect to receive freebies from Rockstar Energy Drink.Tickets are being sold for $5 at the George Sherman Union Link from Oct. 24 to Oct. 28. They will also be sold at the door.

BOO Central! A Halloween Extravaganza with Liquid Fun

Liquid Fun, a Boston University improvisation comedy troupe, expect to transform BU Central into BOO Central with their comedy show on Saturday from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. BU Central Co-Manager Amanda DoAmaral, a School of Education senior, said they will also offer pumpkin carving and candy, along with a custom contest with prizes. Admission is free and open to the general public.

In the City

Halloweekend Pub Crawl Boston 

Students over 21 can check out seven of the best bars in Boston on the official Boston Halloween Pub Crawl from Saturday to Monday, Oct. 31.

“Pub crawl [participants] get drink specials and the ability to participate in pubcrawl.com’s Halloween costume contest,” said Boris Tsibelman, a spokesperson for PubCrawl.com.

General admission for one pub crawl is $15. A two-day All Access Pass is $25. Registration for the crawl is being held at the Good Bar on State Street on Oct. 29 from 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. A valid state ID is required.

GoreFest 9

With the theme of “Massacre General Hospital”, audience members may be showered with (fake) guts, blood and gore at this year’s rendition of GoreFest 9. Performances will run at their 40 Prospect Square location in Cambridge’s Central Square. Remaining shows include Oct. 28 and 29 at 7:30 and 10 pm, Oct. 30 at 7:30 p.m. and Oct. 31 at 7:30 p.m. Student admission is $20 on Friday, Saturday and Monday and $17 on Sunday. Content may not be suitable for young audiences. For tickets, call (617) 576-1253 or visit improvboston.com.

SoWa Market of the Living Dead

Celebrating the last day of the market season, the SoWa Open Market plans to transform its stalls into a marketplace full of undead vendors and artisans Oct. 30 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. The market will feature more than 130 artists and designers, 13 food trucks, a farmer’s market, games and free snacks. The market will also host a “Boston’s Scariest Costume Contest” with a $250 prize for the best costume. The SoWa Open Market is located at 460 Harrison Ave., Boston. For more information, visit sowaopenmarket.com or call (800) 403-8305.