CITY CRIME LOGS

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from Nov. 2 to Nov. 8, 2011.

Fake IDs at T’s

Officers conducted an inspection of T’s Pub at 973 Commonwealth Ave. in Allston on Sunday at 12 a.m. Detectives found a male and female who appeared young and were drinking alcohol. The two admitted to using fake IDs after being approached, and detectives seized their fake IDs. The two offenders, both 20-year-old Boston University students, will be summonsed to court for being persons under 21 years of age in possession of alcohol. A licensed premise violation was issued to T’s Pub for overcrowding. Other violations were issued for the sale of alcohol to minors, for failing to check IDs properly and for an expired Inspectional Services Department permit.

Hey, Mr. DJ 

On Sunday at 7 a.m., officers responded to a vehicle fire at 20 Highgate St. in Allston. Officers arrived on the scene after fire units and observed a 1995 Ford pickup truck burned from the inside. Two residents of the house and witnesses both told officers that at 6:45 a.m. they saw a suspect, a white male in his 20s wearing a ski cap, coming out of their driveway. They said that the vehicle was in flames shortly after the male left the driveway. A third witness said he saw the suspect walking on Malvern Street toward Gardner Street and then disappeared from view. Police failed to find the suspected arsonist. The owner of the vandalized vehicle is a 21-year-old DJ who attends BU. Along with his pickup, the fire also destroyed $1,350 worth of DJ equipment.

Point and shoot

On Sunday at 10:15 p.m., officers responded to a call regarding an assault and battery in progress on the corner of Stadium Way and Western Avenue in Allston. A witness said that while smoking outside of her apartment, she saw a male described as short, thin and either Asian or Hispanic who was holding what she thought looked like a rifle. Because the male noticed she was staring, he pointed the weapon at her and some of her friends. The officers searched the area and found nothing.

Nervous glances

At 8:50 a.m. on Monday, officers responded to a radio call about a crime in progress on the corner of Allston Street and Melville Avenue in Brighton. On arrival, a witness stated that at 8:15 a.m. he observed two suspects, a black male and a Hispanic male both in their 30s, wearing hooded sweatshirts and looking into car windows. The witness said the suspects were “junkie looking” and that they were giving him nervous glances. The witness reported that he later observed the suspects smash a passenger side window to steal a cellphone and a BlackBerry. The victim, a 34-year-old male Amtrak worker, confirmed that the items were stolen out of his car. Police searched the area and found another car’s window smashed, but they did not find the suspects. The witness has the VIN number of the vehicle the suspects left the scene with, and investigation will continue.