Campus Crime Logs: Capture the flag

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Nov. 28 to Dec. 3.

On Wednesday, students at the Florence & Chafetz Hillel House, reported flags and handmade signs stolen. The signs pertained to the recent the bombings in Israel and the Palestinian territories. The flags and signs were stolen from the entrances sometime between 11:15 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Peace pipe

On Wednesday at 3 p.m., the Office of Residence Life staff at Warren Towers found a pipe with marijuana residue in a fourth floor dorm. Empty plastic bags were found with the pipe that might have held marijuana residue. The student will not be charged because there was not enough marijuana present to be considered a violation of the law.

Game, set, break-in

A vehicle parked across from the Track & Tennis Center, located at 100 Ashford St., was broken into Wednesday around 9 p.m. Nothing was stolen and BUPD officers have not found a suspect yet.

Desperate for a cup o’ joe

A non-affiliate damaged and vandalized the front door of Blue State Coffee, located at 957 Commonwealth Ave., sometime late Thursday night and was reported to BUPD Friday at 7 a.m.

Kicked out

Friday night BUPD responded to a call from Eastern Standard, located at 528 Comm. Ave., about an unwanted man in the restaurant. Police escorted the man out of the restaurant at around 11:30 p.m.

Closed curtain act

A female student reported $50 stolen from her purse on Saturday at 7 p.m. She had left the Dance Theater changing room door unlocked at the Fitness & Recreation Center with her purse unattended inside.

Blown away 

A Facilities Management employee reported a leaf blower stolen on Sunday. The leaf blower had fallen off his truck and by the time he circled the block to pick it up, it was gone.

Clean hard drive

On Sunday, a male student reported his laptop vandalized at Warren. The student left his laptop unattended in the common room on the 17th floor of Shields “C” Tower. When he returned to the common room, he found a liquid detergent ball had been thrown at the computer. He reported the laptop was no longer functioning.

Street Art

On Sunday at 11 a.m. BUPD officers observed graffiti on the wall of Student Village II at 33 Harry Agganis Way. They notified the maintenance staff to clear it off the building.