Women’s basketball releases 2014-15 schedule

The Boston University women’s basketball team announced its schedule for the 2014-15 season, highlighting what should be both a challenging and exciting campaign for first-year coach Katy Steding and the Terriers.

The Terriers, who posted a 13-20 record (7-11 Patriot League) last season, will face off against 20 teams who finished last year with 12 or more wins as part of their 29-game schedule.

BU will open its season Nov. 14 at Northeastern University before playing its first home game Nov. 17 against Harvard University. The Terriers will then take on Boston College (Nov. 20) and former America East rival University of Vermont (Nov. 22) before traveling to Albuquerque to take part in the New Mexico Thanksgiving Tournament from Nov. 28-29. The University of New Mexico, Stephen F. Austin State University and the University of California – Riverside, will all take part in the event.

BU will next host the University of New Hampshire (Dec. 3) before heading out on a three-game road trip against Yale University (Dec. 6), the University of Rhode Island (Dec. 8) and Marist College (Dec. 13) before entering into a two-week break. The Terriers will conclude their non-conference schedule after a home contest against the University of Massachusetts – Amherst Dec. 28.

BU will kick off their conference portion of the season with four of its first six games taking place at home, starting with the College of the Holy Cross Dec. 31. The Terriers final 18 games of the 2014-15 season will all be against Patriot League opponents, concluding Feb. 28 with a road match against the Crusaders (20-12, 10-8 Patriot League in 2013-14).

The Terriers will then follow up their regular-season slate with the Patriot League tournament, which includes all 10 conference teams and will be played exclusively at home sites.

The Terriers will look to move up the standings in their second season in the Patriot League, as Steding will lead six returning players and four freshmen this winter.