Campus, City, News

Woman falls from Boston University Bridge, expected to survive

A 22-year-old woman fell from the Boston University Bridge onto Storrow Drive Wednesday morning. PHOTO BY ALEXANDRA WIMLEY/DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF
A woman fell from the Boston University Bridge onto Storrow Drive Wednesday morning. PHOTO BY ALEXANDRA WIMLEY/DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

A 22-year-old woman fell from the Boston University Bridge onto Storrow Drive Wednesday morning, said Jake Wark, spokesman for the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office.

Troopers responded to the scene around 11:02 a.m., according to a statement from Massachusetts State Police. The MSP Twitter account tweeted about the incident at 11:25 a.m., warning commuters to expect delays.

“MSP and Boston EMS [Emergency Medical Services] working on an incident involving a fall victim from the BU Bridge onto Storrow Dr. Expect delays Storrow inbound,” the tweet stated.

The woman suffered serious injuries from the fall, and she was “conscious and alert” when she was brought to Brigham and Women’s Hospital, the statement said. MSP are investigating whether the fall was accidental or intentional.

Though no further information is being released at this time, Wark said “she [the woman] is expected to survive.”

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Former Editor-in-Chief. I'm addicted to The Daily Free Press, and I thrive on coffee, journalism, and jars of Nutella.