BUPD asks public to help identify individual who placed neo-Nazi poster

Boston University released a surveillance video Thursday morning of an individual placing a racist poster on the window of a popular campus building, and officials are now asking for the public’s help in identifying the person.

The Boston University Police Department is investigating neo-Nazi posters that were posted around BU's campus over the weekend. PHOTO COURTESY MARLO KALB
The Boston University Police Department is investigating neo-Nazi posters that were posted around BU’s campus over the weekend. PHOTO COURTESY MARLO KALB

In the video, the individual, wearing khaki pants and a dark hoodie, circles in front of 100 Bay State Rd. for approximately 15 seconds, and then glues the poster to the glass door. It took place at 9:44 p.m. on Saturday.

BU spokesperson Colin Riley said he does not know whether one person put up the materials or whether a group is responsible.

The BU Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding to the incident to call BUPD at 617-353-3436, email bupolice@bu.edu, or send an anonymous tips via text message. Phone uses can text 847411, “type in ‘BU,’ then a space, then your message,” according to a statement released by the university.

In an email sent to BU community Tuesday, BU President Robert Brown said if BUPD’s investigation finds the posters were placed by BU-affiliated members, the university will take proper action in line with the university’s code of conduct, The Daily Free Press reported.

More than 50 BU students and faculty and local residents rallied at Marsh Plaza Wednesday and called on the BU community and administration to take serious action regarding the racist materials found on campus, The FreeP reported Wednesday.